Adventurer watch strap durability? — TomTom Community

Adventurer watch strap durability?

TomFBTomFB Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I'm thinking about buying the tomtom Outdoor watch strap for my cardio watch, but it's obviously a bit more expensive than the 'standard' version - does it last better?

I've already gone through two of the standard watch straps: they both lasted around a year before starting to break. I don't really want to invest more in an 'upgrade' that will also break pretty quickly.

Problems with tomtom watch straps breaking seem to be pretty widespread and not a new thing - I don't see any point to request a replacement strap (even if I can find the original watch receipt...)

Comments

• jjdavis420jjdavis420 Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Nope... still crappy quality on the strap. I’ve had mine for just under a year and will be replacing the band for the second time tomorrow. They last about 6 months and then break at holes where prongs go through like clockwork. I even babied the strap this time.
  • TomFBTomFB Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Ouch. I was starting to think that no one has anything to say because they are better quality - obviously not. Thanks for the feedback. I think I’ll check amazon for an alternative manufacturer...
    I’m on my 3rd strap in just under a year. The strap seems to break about every 6 months at the holes where the prongs go through... not to mention the strap keeper that breaks within months.

The quality of the strap material seems subpar in terms of durability.
    I have contacted TomTom and they are replacing...

To give them props, they are easy to deal with when you have an issue, just wish the issue wouldn't happen to start off with.

I've attached a picture of the broken band to show you the continued issue I keep having.e5412328-5b39-4a0e-a669-580d926ff862.jpg