Avoid Toll roads- ROute planning — TomTom Community

Avoid Toll roads- ROute planning

GrahamacGrahamac Posts: 61 [Apprentice Traveler]
Is it possible when using the route planner, so it avoids the M6 motorway toll.

Comments

• Troggy53Troggy53 Posts: 50 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Used my iPhone and mydrive route planner. Entered two places that allowed the planner to route via the toll road.
    Then I zoom in to a point on the M6 kinda midpoint and hold my finger on the motorway and it offered to add a Stop (waypoint?) that I can add to the route. It put it between the start and destination and created a route away from the toll section.
  • Hi Grahamac,

We are planning to release avoid options, which include avoiding toll roads, in an upcoming release. We are aiming to have it released somewhere in the next month.
    Meanwhile, your alternatives are:
    - dragging your route (directly from the route line) away from the motorway.
    - adding a stop along the alternative road you want to take (you can also drag stops)

Hope this helps!
  • MarioCamenzuliMarioCamenzuli Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Just bought the Rider 550 and I am trying to plan a route from Pozzallo Sicily to Messina port. Since we are travelling with 125 and 150 scooters I need to avoid motor ways cause these motorcycles are not allowed on motorways, but it seems that it can not be done on this device. Can anyone help me to plan this route, I am desperate since we will be leaving in two weeks time.
    Thanks and Regards
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,710
    Superuser
    Hi @Mario Camenzuli

I don't have the the Rider however can you not:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Route Planning

Do you not have an option to Avoid Motorways.?

Doug