TomTom Runner 3 not pairing with my Huawei P8 lite

Sam_adamson
Sam_adamson Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi

I just bought a Tom Tom Runner 3 and it won't pair with my Huawei P8 Lite - I have followed all the steps and troubleshooting but no luck. In the bluetooth menu on the phone it finds the watch but won't pair and in the app both the phone and watch just keeps searching. I tried it with my brothers Samsung and it paired immediately.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this, as I did check and it is compatible with this type of phone.

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for some users with the new update. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the monitor to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/not-able-to-install-runner-3-firmware-v-1-7-53-1028204/index10.html#post1194142

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • justinhartman
    justinhartman Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    If you search the forums you will find this is a known issue for some users with the new update. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer. If you go to this post and ask the monitor to roll back your firmware version it should fix it, although you will lose the Fitness Points and Fit age features:

https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/not-able-to-install-runner-3-firmware-v-1-7-53-1028204/index10.html#post1194142

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.

This is a load of bollocks really. Tomtom have no ability to connect any devices on a Huawei P8 lite. I have this phone and am running a Tomtom Runner all up to date and I've never been able to get this watch linked to my phone. It has nothing to do with Runner 3 - it has to do with Tomtom.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,949
    Hi All,

This is an ongoing issue with Huawei P8 or P8 Lite phone models which are not pairing with the Spark watches.

Currently, there is no workaround for this and you need to use the PC/laptop to sync the activities for a time being. Rolling back to the old firmware version will not help in this case.

Regards,
    lampard
  • mja
    mja Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi cant connect my fitness tracker or golf 2 watch with huewei P8 lite, just says connecting the whole time. What must I do?

regards have latest version of android 6 etc
  • rvicente1980
    rvicente1980 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    The software version 1.7.53 of Tom Tom Saprk 3 don´t connect to the App Tom Tom Sports in Androind App version 10.
    I tried to upgrade version but do not connect to the App in Android version App v10 on Huawei P8 Lite.
    I Have seen the version of product 1.7.60, but i dont find it.
    Please any one could you help me ?
  • modo
    modo Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I bought my watch yesterday because my Huawei P8 Lite should be compatible.
    But it is not. I am very dissapointed. Tried everything. I first bought a fitbit wich was not compatible as well. I did some survey before buying this watch but the information on the site is not correct. Please help me fix this problem. It is not my intention to send the watch back to the shop.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    modo wrote:
    I bought my watch yesterday because my Huawei P8 Lite should be compatible.
    But it is not. I am very dissapointed. Tried everything. I first bought a fitbit wich was not compatible as well. I did some survey before buying this watch but the information on the site is not correct. Please help me fix this problem. It is not my intention to send the watch back to the shop.

The only options are to sync by computer and wait for an update (which may never come as TT has left the wearables market and is no longer producing new devices so updates will be limited) or return the watch for another device (which may be your best option considering that the watch is discontinued and incompatible).
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    There is a known issue with the Huawei phones.

You will have to sync by computer until it is fixed.

• Jackd78
    Jackd78 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Any news about the fixing of pairing problems with Huawei P series?
    G
  • tmiranda
    tmiranda Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ups, yesterday I bought my TomTom Runner 3 and I can't connect it with the Huawei P8 Lite :( It is suppose to be compatible and it simple doesn't connect with my phone. If is not compatible, TomTom should pass that information to users. Is there any solution?