Syncing Apple Health with TomTom Sports App

TouraticaTouratica Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
This isn't a question, but rather a suggestion that I want to make to the Developer Team behind the TomTom Sports app, which would otherwise be perfect. I think Apple Health should be better integrated with the app, making it possible not only to read data from Apple Health but also to write to it. I also think that the data concerning Hearth Rate and Sleep should also be synced, which is not the case right now.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,341 Superusers
    Apple Health is more of an issue of Apple not wanting TomTom's data in their ecosystem. They would much rather you use their products than allow a competitor to enter data into their system. I imagine it also would depend on the size of the company (TT is a small player in the market) and the amount of overlap between the user bases. In any case, TT is leaving the wearables market so they really have no incentive to pursue this, they are not producing new watches, just selling out the stock they have and then it will be legacy support, I do not see them throwing any money after a market they have all but given up on. This is something you are going to have to live with, I am afraid.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • BobRobertsBobRoberts Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This seems a very unlikely answer, given that even my old, discontinued Pebble Time can send it step info to the health app. It seems rather more likely that TomTom wants to keep the data to itself