Spark 3 1.7.53 Connectivity Observations

wheeler.sexton
wheeler.sexton Registered Users Posts: 8
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Thought I would share some observations after the last few weeks of using 1.7.53... my watch doesn't have the integrated HRM so I use an external TomTom monitor. I was experiencing all the same issues with the latest update with battery life and connectivity (including intermittent issues with connecting to heart rate sensor for runs) until I started using the following tricks ... whenever I need to sync with my phone, I turn off the heart sensor ... whenever I go run, I turn off syncing. I know it means I don't get notifications while I run, but since I've started doing this it'll sync to my phone (sometimes takes two or three times before it'll start) and heart rate monitor connects flawlessly. Thinking maybe there's some flaw with multiple simultaneous bluetooth connections, but it's a workaround until the latest update finally gets released.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi wheeler.sexton,

Welcome to the Community & sorry for my late reply!

Thanks for sharing your workaround, I've added some public tags to this post so that other people can find it.

We're currently working on a fix for Bluetooth connectivity but having problems reproducing the issue. We'll keep you posted here on the forum once there's an update to share.

Cheers, lampard