TomTom Western Europe -Navigation app discontinued

KerimOzevin
KerimOzevin Registered Users Posts: 3
Neophyte Traveler
Robbed By TomTom
I am a fully, rightfully, deservedly paid customer and I was robbed my App and bullied into TomTom Go.
I do not want TomTom Go.
Bring Back my TomTom Western Europe.
Stop Bullying me to apps I do not want and like.
You do not have that right.
I have paid for a product with Life Long Guarantee.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    Hi
    You do not have that right.
    I have paid for a product with Life Long Guarantee.
    See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/content/id/9/locale/en_gb/page/1

What does “lifetime” mean?
    Lifetime is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its life when none of these are available anymore. The useful life of the smartphone app means the period of time that TomTom continues to support the app with updates

ATB YFM
  • KerimOzevin
    Neophyte Traveler
    It disappeared from the Store. So if you change device, your " Paid For ! " App is disappared. I read all the answers by TomTom about this and their excuse is that they want people to use TomTom Go. How do they find the right to Bully us to use what they choose for us ? I - DO - NOT - WANT- TOMTOM GO !
    I WANT WHAT I PAID FOR, BACK !!!!
    Stop thinking you can reason this Theft because you CAN NOT !
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,835
     Superuser
    Hi
    Did you honestly think that 'Lifetime' meant your natural life ???

ATB YFM
  • KerimOzevin
    Neophyte Traveler
    Yeah ! I honestly thought that . I guess I was the honest party in this case.
  • jjjohannn
    jjjohannn Registered Users Posts: 11
    Master Explorer
    You know what will put TomTom out of business? These arrogant replies, if this is coming from TomTom. If its not from TomTom, I will just ignore it... Why not putting upgrades and features out as a paid options? I just use TomTom products and just bought 2 x Runner3's for me and my daughter. I like TomTom products, but their attitude sucks. I heard that TomTom sport watches are discontinued, but do you think I can get a reply, or somebody from TomTom that want to reply on this??? No ways. I also have a TomTom GPS that cannot update anymore???? Why don't you tell this to people before they buy??? What is the use of buying a product that can last 10 years but is useless after 5 years??? Because of this, I just convince a group of people in my Parkrun group to rather buy another brand. TomTom = Arrogance
  • vp1305
    vp1305 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have found a link to download it again from someone called DavidQPR in a previous thread:

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id326075062?mt=8

Hopefully this helps you as well.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi @KerimOzevin

Welcome to the Community & Thanks for your feedback! We removed the old TomTom Navigation from the AppStore. The first generation app (TomTom Western Europe -Navigation) you’re referring to, we are no longer able to support and no longer offer updates for. It was replaced by GO Mobile App and now it's in the 3rd generation, i.e. Go Navigation App. I'm not sure either if the link provided by vp1305 will help either but let us know.

If you wish to use the Go Navigation App, please get in touch with our support and I'm sure they can offer you some compensation. You can either start a live chat or send them an email.

Regards, lampard
  • maxdot
    maxdot Registered Users Posts: 10
    Apprentice Seeker
    I'm not sure when TomTom introduced the GO app to replace the original Western Europe app on Android, but it is certainly a number of years. But in spite of the fact that the original as not available for sale, nor were there any updates, the legacy app continued to function normally and splendidly. Everything you needed was on your phone with no need of any intervention from TomTom. So I cannot understand how it is that my app, having worked up to a month ago, is suddenly being denied me by TomTom. I now receive the message
    "The Google Play licence of your application is not valid. Please contact Google if you think this is a mistake."
    Having contacted Google it appears that this is an action taken by TomTom, not Goggle
    If the Go app was equivalent to the original this would less of a problem, but it is not. Quite apart from its usability which I find considerably less, the absence of the ability to insert 3rd party POIs (ie ones I create myself) is simply crippling.
    Added to which it is impossible to contact TomTom for any direct help or comment.
    Personally I find this unforgivable treatment of its client base
  • Denniskhalil
    Denniskhalil Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    How can i get in touch with support with out coming back to this forum? what email address can i use to address my support question??????
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,458
    Revered Voyager
    How to contact customer service

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560

If the links take you to the homepage, delete your cookies on your browser.