Workout custom pace

tooniron
tooniron Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I really like the new custom workouts feature, the old intervals feature wasn't cutting it.

There is still the old issue of the current pace being slow to update (both on the watch and in the graphs on the website), which is a bit annoying particularly when there are short intervals. I personally would prefer the pace to start from scratch for each section (--:-- for the first few seconds ignoring pace from the previous interval).

But my question is about the default workouts, is there any way to set the paces as the default Easier-Standard-Harder settings are not working for me ? For example, the "Hard effort pace" is 5:21 (Easier) to 4:22 (Harder) per km, but I run 5k's at 3:36 per km pace and for the workouts to work for me I would like to be able to define my own Paces to be something like:

Very hard effort pace: 3:00 to 3:36 (Harder to Easier)
Hard effort pace: 3:36 to 4:15
Medium effort pace: 4:15 to 5:00

with similar changes for warm up/down/rest etc. Is there any way of setting personal pace ranges ? At the moment I have to either ignore the paces on the watch, or manually replicate the workout as a custom workout. Also it would be good to be able to decide Easier to Harder on the watch before starting the workout, but that's not a big issue.

Comments

• tooniron
    tooniron Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Traveler
    Just noticed in the updated manual that "Each workout is adapted to your VO2 max". I'm assuming they are deriving the VO2 max from the heart rate, but I don't have the version of the watch with the heart rate monitor, so is there anyway I can input an estimate of my VO2 max for the purpose of setting workout paces ?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 17,004
     Superuser
    VO2Max and Fitness Points are only available on models with the built-in HR so unfortunately you are not going to ab able to take advantage of this feature. There is no way to manually enter VO2Max either. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.