RUNNER 3 shows several hour delay in showing latest activities on app.

Llennoc
Llennoc Registered Users Posts: 5
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
When I sync my Runner 3 watch with the app my latest activity does not appear for several hours in the app. Why?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    Do you have an always on Internet connection (using cellular data or WiFi) and is it a strong connection? If the connection is intermittent, the app will wait to transmit to the TT servers and get back the updated data until it gets a strong connection. Can you see it immediately on the MySports website or is that lagged too?

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Llennoc
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks for the reply. The internet and wifi connection are both good. That's not the issue. The problem is the same on the website, ie several hours delay before I can see the latest activity.
  • ChampionAdam
    ChampionAdam Registered Users Posts: 12
    Legendary Explorer
    If you sync with your phone via bluetooth, when you've finished syncing, reboot your phone (or force stop the tomtom app) then restart the tomtom app.

This works for me.

It seems that the file is sent from the watch to app, but then isn't sent from the app to the online system until the app is restarted. The phone app doesn't seem to read the new activity file from the phone, but from the online system. Thus even though you have synced with your watch, the phone app is still looking for activities online and the new activity hasn't been uploaded yet (this seems to require a restart).

It's obviously a bug (and a long lasting one) but for me this workaround...works.
  • Llennoc
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks Adam, force stopping the app after syncing and then restarting it did the trick! A bit cumbersome but better than waiting hours like before! Many thanks again, much appreciated.