Import saved locations from Google maps to the GO MOBILE android — TomTom Community

Import saved locations from Google maps to the GO MOBILE android

brusualexbrusualex Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
hi,
is this possible?
to import saved locations from Google maps into TomTom Android app.
thank you.
PS
I need to import the saved locations, not the routes.

Comments

• NukeThemAllNukeThemAll Posts: 52 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi brusualex, AFAIK the Google maps saved places are not exportable, let alone in a useful file format (but someone who knows more than me might well correct me on this!). However, although it's not a slick method, you CAN send a location from Google maps on your Android phone to TT GO, using the SendToGPS app. Full instructions with the app, but basically you select the location (in this case your saved place) on Google maps, then 'Share' using SendToGPS, and this gives you the option to open with a list of SatNav applications including TT GO. Because, obviously, you'll want to use TT GO as your favourite navigation software, eh?

Alternatively, using Google Maps, open each saved place and copy/paste the co-ordinates into eg an Excel file, and use some suitable software to create a POI set (I believe this has been covered before on this forum, there are limitations on how you order the individual POIs so that the POI set is recognised by the TT GO app)
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @ mapstogpx,

I do not know if this will help you but there is a website called "mapstogpx" you can try.

I use it when I do hiking and import it to my gps hiking unit.

It converts google map routes very quick.
    Then you can import the GPX file to TomTom.

Check it out and see if it meets your needs.....

I quote them:
    "This tool accepts a link to pre-made Google Directions and converts them to a GPX file. This file can be uploaded and used in sat-nav and GPS units. "
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 377 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    On your phone you can also use the ''GPS Bridge" app to share locations with and navigate to, by selecting the navigation app you want to use. I use it frequently and in my opinion it works fine.