Maps on TomTom Adventurer — TomTom Community

Maps on TomTom Adventurer

YoungersYoungers Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I am looking at buying a TOMTOM ADVENTURER watch. I would like some info regarding the maps side, I do a lot of photography of flora and insects and it would be nice to just wander and have where I have walked tracked on an OS map. I have OS maps on my phone from the areas I use which I got by subscribing to OS, they are very detailed and it would be great if I could have routes and way-points showing up on my map so I could document locations of pictures I have taken.
How does the whole system work?
I cannot find much about it. I really want to go out without my phone at times and just have where I have been laid over an OS map or something similar, is this possible and how accurate is the GPS?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,531
    Superusers
    If you are looking to see where you are on a map in real-time it is not possible as there are no maps on the watch. After an activity you can see your route overlaid onto a map (not sure what an OS is you get either a street, terrain or satellite map). There are no waypoints available and the only routes you can upload is a simple breadcrumb line you follow with no map, basically just an arrow telling you to follow the line.

I would caution you to do your homework before purchasing (dcrainmaker.com is a great resource) so you are not disappointed. In light of the fact that TT is no longer in the wearables business and is not producing any new devices, you are buying into an essentially retired product so updates will likely be few in the future, so what you buy is all you will get.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • scubajorgenscubajorgen Posts: 12 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The Adventurer does not support maps. However, I really appreciate the track planning feature (uploading routes to the watch). And you ask about GPS accuracy: I find the Adventurer to be amongst the most accurate GPS devices (see http://blog.studioblueplanet.net/?page_id=163).
    I use Oziexplorer to plan my tracks and to show where I have been. I often use OSM to create maps for Oziexplorer, but you have to be kind of handy to do that...
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    ... In light of the fact that TT is no longer in the wearables business and is not producing any new devices, you are buying into an essentially retired product so updates will likely be few in the future, so what you buy is all you will get...
    Sad to hear that...