Time in cinema recorded as sleep

wmterhaar
wmterhaar Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Yesterday morning I bought a TomTom Runner 3. It worked perfectly in the gym; unlike with my previous sports watch I get accurate heart rate readings. But yesterday night I went to the cinema. And now I notice the watch recorded the time in the cinema as sleep. Start and end times match almost perfectly with the running time of the film. And I can assure you: I did not fall asleep during the film. In fact I really liked it (it was The Square.) Is this something that will happen every time I watch a movie, tv or read a book?

Comments

• EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Sleep tracking is based on lack of movement. So unless you start moving your arms more while watching the movie, it will indeed register as sleep time.
  • Sekitan
    Sekitan Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Explorer
    Wow, if it works like that, it's useless. I thought it's based on 24 heart rate monitoring.. at least might be both - you're not moving for a while but your heart rate looks like you're doing something - not sleeping; Often heart rate monitor is not accurate, but then if it's under 50bpm but it looks like your in move - not sleeping.
    And what if you turn over to the other side while sleeping? You moved - not sleeping? :/