Can't connect with Strava- Spark 3 — TomTom Community

Can't connect with Strava- Spark 3

Eira888Eira888 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
My tom tom spark 3 has no problems automatically uploading data to mapmyrun however does not transfer anything to my Strava app?

I set it up just as I did for mapmyrun. Anyone have any ideas?

Also can you upload previous runs to mapmyrun?

Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,781
    Superusers
    Your best bet is to remove the Strava upload and then reinstall it just to be sure. On the Apps & Exporting tab delete the entry for Strava. Then go into Strava and under Settings> Apps revoke the access for TomTom. Now go back into MySports and add Strava again. You will be prompted for your Strava login credentials which will reset the link. You are always able to load activities manually in Strava by hitting the + sign in the upper right corner, and clicking Upload Activity, then on the menu on the left choose File and hit the Choose Files button. It accepts .tcx, .gpx. or .fit files. If you sync through the PC and have it set to create a data file each time (recommended to give you an archived backup of each activity) then you just need to select that file. If not, can go into the activity on MySports and hit the download button to download a data file for the activity (.fit is the best, it has the most data in the smallest file size and is universally accepted).

For any partner sites, it iwll not upload old activities, only new ones from when the link was set up onward. To force them to upload follow these steps:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC:
    The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices:
    a. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    b. Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

You can also always just export a fit file from MySports and then manually import it into MapMyRun as well.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Eira888Eira888 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Many thanks for the reply. I have re-installed everything as per instructions above however it's the Strava app on my android phone that has no info of any of my runs. When I log into Strava through PC everything is there however not transferred onto the app?
  • EVA_27EVA_27 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    That sounds like a Strava problem, not a TomTom problem. The data from your watch will be sent to the MySports website (directly when connected to you computer, or via the app on your phone), from there they will be sent to the Strava website, which in its turn should send it to the Strava app. Are you sure your Strava app is connected to the same account as your PC? I would suggest logging off and on in the Strava app, maybe uninstall-reinstall the Strava app.