Copy route (not rack) from Tyre to Rider 410. Without USB or SD connection.

Josanc66Josanc66 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 11 in RIDER
I'm triying to copy a route from Tyre Pro to the device. I want it as a route (not track) and don't want to connect USB or interchange SD card.

From Tyre I can do it with the MyDrive option called "copy to tomtom". That uses my MyDrive account to copy the route but it does it as track. Then, when I sincronize my device it appears in My Routes, but as a track.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    If I remember correctly, currently, you can transfer only tracks (gpx files).

You may save your route (ITN file), and then transfer it via Bluetooth to the device. (I prefer this way myself...)
  • Josanc66Josanc66 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ste7ios wrote:
    If I remember correctly, currently, you can transfer only tracks (gpx files).

You may save your route (ITN file), and then transfer it via Bluetooth to the device. (I prefer this way myself...)

But I don't have bluetooth in my PC...

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,500 Superusers
    The MyDrive Route planner will only transfer .GPX files... Tyre also uses the MyDrive Route planner during the transfer of a Route to your Rider 4xx

Rider 400 Easy route upload
    The Rider 400 will give you direct access to a small 50MB partition of the Rider4xx internal memory and if fitted your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop you're .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 400 Memory or the Memory card over a secure system
    See..... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/route-with-multiple-destinations-and-waypoints-1002212?postid=1085184

Transferring a .ITN or .GPX route file/s to your NAV4/(5 Wifi) device using a Micro SD Memory Card
    See..... https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/mydrive-connect-apps-474/mydrive-ability-to-add-waypoints-1007398?postid=1103601

Transferring a route FROM my Rider 4xx TO my PC using Bluetooth (Or a Micro SD Card)
    Tap 4Dot(.... Menu) --> MyRoutes --> Share Tracks --> select the Recorded Route
    --> Tap Share --> Choose Memory card or Bluetooth --> Follow the on-screen prompts to completion.....

Convert a .GPX file to .ITN on the device
    I've also found.....
    When you have sent a route to the device using the MyDrive Web Route planner "Send to device" Tab
    After the device calculates the route you can.....

Tap somewhere on the displayed route
    A quick Menu should open Tap the 3Dot Icon
    Tap Manage Route
    Tap Add to my Routes
    Accept or Rename the route
    Tap Add
    The route is added to "MyRoutes" as a .ITN file (Solid Arrow) displayed in the MyRoutes list of routes
    748fb572-4ea9-414c-85bc-0a3139031d44.jpgATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    Hi
    Ste7ios wrote:
    I'm really curious about the non "-T" file. Is it really a route? So, can we use GPX for routes exactly as an ITN too?
    The screenshot is from many moons ago when the MyDrive Web Route planner launched, as far as I recall the early route planner saved two versions of a route one with a prefix "-T" and the other not, I assume back then one was a Track the other a Route
    I still have the files on my PC, I loaded both, and on the Rider 400 now they both report as a Track
    I prefer .GPX and .ITN Routes
    But the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner now seems to give priority to .GPX Tracks ???

Also, see....
    To transfer .GPX routes with "Multiple Stops" created using Tyre to Travel or the previous MyDrive Web (v1) Route planner (May work for .GPX routes from other route planners)

Had a dig around in the MyDrive Web (v2) Route planner
    The following allows me to Edit/Save/and Transfer/Convert to .ITN any .GPX routes created using Tyre to Travel or the previous MyDrive Web (v1) Route planner

Re... Old .GPX Routes in stored in MyRoutes
    Re... Old .GPX Routes created using Tyre... Follow the red text for the old tyre .GPX files
    If you have routes created using the previous MyDrive (Web) Route planner

The MyDrive Web (2) Route planner won't allow editing of these routes
    If you Select the route... The route loads but there is no Edit Icon available

49a60310-40f2-4ac7-bebe-de7c281e558c.pngBut if you save the .GPX file to your desktop (See above Image)
    Then re-import the file into the MyDrive (Web) Route planner
    Import the .GPX file that you created using Tyre to Travel into the MyDrive (Web) Route planner

MD Route planner now creates 2 files one you can edit (Finish Route) the other not

d8c0f3dd-1c0f-45fe-8909-bb44a5886ed4.pngDelete the file you can't edit

57898805-456e-47ca-be89-3efc7449231c.png
    Select the route that is left, Click "Finish Route"
    The Route Planner will re-calculate the route
    The planning menu will open with the "Send to the device" and the "Save" Options Available

305f8a24-5b77-4cb7-a07f-7c43750807b4.png
    Click "Save" to save the route
    When you next load the route, you are offered the "Edit Icon" to edit the route

The "Send to the device" works fine, the route syncs OK with the device
    "Send to the device" works fine, the .GPX Route that you created using Tyre (along with any Stops), syncs OK with the device

I've also found.....
    When you have sent a route to the device using "Send to the device"
    After the device calculates the route you can.....

Tap somewhere on the displayed route
    A quick Menu should open Tap the 3Dot Icon
    Tap Manage Route
    Tap Add to my Routes
    Accept or Rename the route
    Tap Add
    The route is added to "MyRoutes" as a .ITN file (Solid Arrow) displayed in the MyRoutes list of routes

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'