Some Mapshare Reporter updates are on the horizon

RobbiebotRobbiebot Posts: 197 [TomTom Employee]
edited January 29 in Map quality
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to give you all a heads-up that within the next few weeks, there is a planned update to Mapshare reporter to simplify some of the reporting options, and generally make life a little bit easier for you, the user.

This post is only intended as a brief highlight, so I won't go into details about every change coming, but here is an overview of the changes you can look forward to:

- More auto-population of fields, to help prevent spelling mistakes and reduce user effort.
- Some unnecessary fields are being removed. (like street name changes no longer requiring the old incorrect name, only the new one.)
- Improved pin drop behavior for reporting missing geometry.
- Some optimizations of the report types selection.

This update is scheduled to release before the end of the year, so you can expect these changes quite soon.

Kind Regards,
Robbie

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,779 [Superusers]
    Good news :). I'm curious to see the new updates.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 133 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Wow!

Great! Thanks for the heads-up!

All improvements are welcomed!
  • SprinterTimSprinterTim Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    Reporting isn't as much as a problem as getting someone to accept valid reports instead of rejecting them out of hand.
  • IGIIGI Posts: 133 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Reporting isn't as much as a problem as getting someone to accept valid reports instead of rejecting them out of hand.
    Yes, two-way communication would be a good idea.

And more photos and videos to upload.
  • RGM71RGM71 Posts: 353 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I reported this some months ago:

It would be very nice and efficient when the template for blocked roads would be extended with items like Closure is in direction and Show start and finish of the closed roadsegment - just like MRS already has for reports for updating max speed - and also with a calendar in which start date & time and end date & time could be reported.

Mikko confirmed that these suggestions will be reported to the relevant team(s).

So I wonder: will this also be implemented?
  • KangarooKangaroo Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Robbiebot wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I'd just like to give you all a heads-up that within the next few weeks, there is a planned update to Mapshare reporter to simplify some of the reporting options, and generally make life a little bit easier for you, the user.

This post is only intended as a brief highlight, so I won't go into details about every change coming, but here is an overview of the changes you can look forward to:

- More auto-population of fields, to help prevent spelling mistakes and reduce user effort.
    - Some unnecessary fields are being removed. (like street name changes no longer requiring the old incorrect name, only the new one.)
    - Improved pin drop behavior for reporting missing geometry.
    - Some optimizations of the report types selection.

This update is scheduled to release before the end of the year, so you can expect these changes quite soon.

Kind Regards,
    Robbie
  • KangarooKangaroo Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Looking at the dates, Robbiebot wrote this in late 2017.

Now it is April 2018. Notice the end of which year was not specified!