Fitness points on Runner 3

Secrycom
Secrycom Registered Users Posts: 33
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
How is it possible that in the sport school sometimes my fitness points are above 500 en sometimes not even 200? My excercises in the gym are mostly the same (I have a programme). A little difference I understand, but the results are not supposed to be that variable.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    Fitness points require your HR to reach Zone 3 for a sustained period of time, so things like weight training, low impact cardio, etc. will have little to no impact on it. You are probably just getting into Zone 3 on the higher ones and not on the lower ones.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Secrycom
    Apprentice Traveler
    I understand that, but how is it possible than that for example on monday I have over 500 points and when I do the same workout on thursday I have 154 points? It constantly variates.
  • quiris
    quiris Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    You should check and compare your HR charts. You will get more fitness points if you are able to stay in high HR zone for a quite long time. If your HR is dropping and popping between zones frequently you will get less points.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    quiris wrote:
    You should check and compare your HR charts. You will get more fitness points if you are able to stay in high HR zone for a quite long time. If your HR is dropping and popping between zones frequently you will get less points.

Plus as you improve over time it takes a higher effort to get higher points. It gets to a point of diminishing returns.
  • Secrycom
    Apprentice Traveler
    I attached two files. Is there a difference in points because once I had a few % in the highest level? If yes, than the difference is very big I think.
  • quiris
    quiris Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    Secrycom wrote:
    I attached two files. Is there a difference in points because once I had a few % in the highest level?
    Yes, your 7% in Peak HR Zone mostly did the job. You should not consider fitness points as linear function of you HR level.