Watch calories do not match App calories

Quininio
Quininio Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
My watch shows 3216 calories burned and my phone after syncing shows only 2348. I have updated the app.
Can anyone help please.

Ta
Quininio

Comments

• Seeswa
    Seeswa Registered Users Posts: 10
    Legendary Explorer
    The same for me.
  • Kreatyves
    Kreatyves Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    The same for me.
  • marienh
    marienh Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    for two weeks. stupid.
  • samrbennett
    samrbennett Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Same issue here? Anyone resolved it?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    Same issue here? Anyone resolved it?
    It is a known issue that has not been addressed. Get in line behind the connectivity issues and battery drain issues.
  • timwamrow
    timwamrow Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    This just happened to me as of yesterday,I think it was ok until then. Annoying as the watch shows I have met my target calories for the day but the phone and web site show me short. What would happen if I reset the watch I wonder?
  • timwamrow
    Master Traveler
    Ah,I see that on the hourly activities progress web page I have no calories logged before 7am, whereas previously the base calories while I slept were included.
  • samrbennett
    Master Traveler
    timwamrow wrote:
    Ah,I see that on the hourly activities progress web page I have no calories logged before 7am, whereas previously the base calories while I slept were included.

That makes sense. The loss only seems to occur in the morning for me too. Mine only started a few days ago after a factory resent, trying to resolve the battery capacity issue.

Such a shame, I love this watch and it has really helped transform me.
  • timwamrow
    Master Traveler
    OK, my night-time energy expenditure is back - I'm wondering if I perform an activity before my first manual sync then that is when I'm losing them, I'll need to spend a few mornings to experiment.
  • samrbennett
    Master Traveler
    I have had a look at my graph too. Doesn't seem to be logging any calories whilst it thinks I am asleep. I can see this because one night a few days ago, I had to get up at about 0200 and it logged some calories then. The graph then when back to zero until I woke up. Then, when the watch went on charge at midday, calories drop to zero again.

Going to turn the sleep tracker off tonight.

8f3422d9-18d5-4f63-88b0-cf4fdedb2679.png
  • Mray08
    Mray08 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same here. I’m on my third Spark 3 in three years.
    with each watch, activity monitoring (specifically calories burned, and sleep) changes drastically even with the same body profile.
    wondering if anyone else has moved on from TomTom or if they’ve found a fix.
This discussion has been closed.