Rider 400 does not follow the imported track.

picaropicaro Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
edited January 23 in RIDER
Last Sunday we went touring with a club. Beforehand we got the gpu-file by email.
Imported the track (as a track, not route) into the Rider.
The first motorcycle was a Garmin user and I followed him. At some spots on the route/track the Rider advised me to go into other directions as the leader. I turned the advises down and followed the leader.
I've turned on the track log. The tour of that day was exactly the same as the track I loaded into the Rider.
The route followed some roads closed for cars (not motorcycles) and some 'private' roads. I think that's the reason why the Rider tried to divert me.
Is my thought right?
Why does it recalculate, I just want to follow the track?

Comments

• BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    Hey Picaro,

I presume the track is ok.
    When importing the track into the Rider it will project the track on its map. When part of the track does not follow any road it will calculate a deviation... This can result in a route that is slightly off from the original track. There is still no way to check if the resulting route is following the imported track for 100%. A good way would be for TomTom to display the original track as an underlay!

BTW. you can use MyRoute App Gold to compare the resulting route on TomTom, Garmin or Google maps.

When you leave the track/route your Rider will calculate the shortest route back to the track. So you can follow deviation signs and get back to the track at any time. When riding with a Garmin you'll have to figure out how to get back on track by your own.
  • picaropicaro Posts: 5 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I’ve got the MyRoute-app gold. There were some deviations visible between both but not always.

I think the problem is that TT thinks it is not allowed to drive on certain stretches of the route. Sometimes TT is right but not always.
    Anyhow it’s silly that if you are in a convoy of 200+ motorcycles and TT riders deviate because theirs system tells to do so.

Suggest that TT prompts a question, while driving, that the track is deviating from calculated route. It is up to the driver to continue with loaded track or with the new one.
  • BliejeBlieje Posts: 90 [Master Explorer]
    If TomTom plots the original original track as an underlay there is no need for questions...
    It's just up to you to follow the original track (visually) over a non charted road, private road, plowed field or whatever, or you follow the directions of your TomTom.
    Seems to me as a good solution. You have my vote!
  • cristocristo Posts: 16 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Blieje wrote:
    Hey Picaro,

When importing the track into the Rider it will project the track on its map. When part of the track does not follow any road it will calculate a deviation... This can result in a route that is slightly off from the original track. There is still no way to check if the resulting route is following the imported track for 100%. A good way would be for TomTom to display the original track as an underlay!

BTW. you can use MyRoute App Gold to compare the resulting route on TomTom, Garmin or Google maps.

When you leave the track/route your Rider will calculate the shortest route back to the track. So you can follow deviation signs and get back to the track at any time. When riding with a Garmin you'll have to figure out how to get back on track by your own.

Any progress on this feature? I hit this all the time with Tomtom not wanting to go down a road that is absolutely navigable. If the Track shows this route then Tomtom should make it available (it's a track so it must have been travelled previously!).
    The underlay approach would be a very sensible approach.
    cristo wrote:
    Blieje wrote:
    Hey Picaro,

Any progress on this feature? I hit this all the time with Tomtom not wanting to go down a road that is absolutely navigable. If the Track shows this route then Tomtom should make it available (it's a track so it must have been travelled previously!).
    The underlay approach would be a very sensible approach.
    No progress ....
  • vitmanovvitmanov Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Im using TomTom, great device, for long time now. I have to admit it is a shame that only tracks (GPX) can be exported or shared via SD or Bluetooth, while routes (ITN) cannot.
  • godovgodov Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    And doesn't it load a gpx track that goes through uncharted roads?
    Last year in Morroco I couldn't get tracks to work because TT didn't recognize the off road tracks we were riding.
    Had to use my iphone to be able to get to the end.
    Any explanation for this?
    Thanks
  • Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 725 Superuser
    TomTom doesn’t support off-road and most probably they will never will. It’s not in their philosophy.