Battery runs down from non use — TomTom Community

Battery runs down from non use

Tommy GantTommy Gant Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited September 2018 in Golfer & Golfer 2
have a new Tom Tom golf watch, I charge it via my Mac day after use, by the time next round of golf comes around, 1 week later, battery already low? Should I simply place in flight mode during the downtime?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    If you are leaving it synced with a phone that will drain the battery as it is constantly looking for the phone. Airplane mode would help or you can just turn it off using these steps (you will need to plug it back into a computer to turn it back on):

1) You have to connect to MySports Connect, then press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    2) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    3) Hit that, disconnect the watch and the watch will turn off.
    4) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Tommy GantTommy Gant Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks, I'll try the airplane mode first and trial that for a week or so, I was advised also that best to charge via a computer rather than just a 'wall plug. Fact or fiction?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    It should not make a difference how you charge it. The computer has the advantage of prompting you if an update is available but that's about it.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.