Wrong post code and location-report — TomTom Community

Wrong post code and location-report

tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
My house post code on the TomTom planner is wrong, how do I correct it?.

When opening the route planner it opens in a town 10 miles away, why does it not do like most other sites and open showing where you actually are? The house position on my 400 is correct, do you not use the same data base for both these operations.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    The location that your Computer OS Windows etc... Uses for 'Location' is a server in Building/Office that your Internet Service Provider uses that is somewhere near-ish to you
    Mine is in the next town 30 miles away

A Wifi connection usually give a quite accurate location

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    If I'm planning a route from home

I have already set my Home location in MyPlaces

(1).... Run MyDrive Web Route planner... Log in
    (2)... Click on the Crossed Arrows Icon Plan a route
    (3)... Click on the first Address box... A window opens with My Home address
    (4)... Click on the address... The My Home address is added to the first Address box, the Map Zooms into my My Home address location

ATB YFM
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    Thanks for the explanation. I have tried the home option and it works, but you have to select it at the start of every route.

Two other points
    1 to get the arrow in the correct place I have to use next doors house number otherwise it shows me being just in the adjacent turning.

2. The post code for my house has two wrong divers but located as above. How do I get this corrected please as other programs do not experience this problem.