No QuickGPS updates

Gogs1110
Gogs1110 Registered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I've a Runner 3 but haven't been able to use the GPS. I've been through the forum posts but can't get it to update the QuickGPS file. What can I do?

Comments

• icemac
    icemac Registered Users Posts: 199
    Legendary Explorer
    hi,

did You try update aGPS by TomTom Sports Connect. Connect watch to computer using cable.
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Did you try to update the watch via the USB cable on a PC? You will need to get the mysport connect installed on the pc after this you can also do a factory reset there to make sure the software is not corrupted.
  • Gogs1110
    Neophyte Traveler
    Yes have tried through the App and via connect on the PC. I've also been off the company network in case of firewall issues. Last night did a factory reset and have unpaired and repaired the device. It all works fine except I get the "Out of date" message on the app and the symbol on my phone that the QuickGPS isn't up to date.
    I've had the phone for 3 weeks but never tried the GPS features up to now so I presume it hasn't worked at any point. So not much use really.

It did alert me to text messages on my phone earlier on though - which I wasn't aware it could do. But then again I didn't want it for that!!!

Anybody know a phone number for support I can call???

Thanks for the responses though.
  • Gogs1110
    Neophyte Traveler
    Okay so the watch is faulty. I've to return it to the original shop as it's less than 30 days old. Lets hope they can give me another and don't quibble.
  • xray79
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Forget about the phone and app on the phone for now just check the GPS on the watch.
    If you did a factory reset the mysport connect software should have updated the GPS. what does the watch symbol look like when you check the GPS? You should see a tick mark next to quickgps in the watch menu. If all is ok you can check whether you have connection issues with the app on your phone.
  • xray79
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Forgot the support page. You can call them that is quicker to get help. https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/locale/en_GB
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    You should be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) You have to connect to MySports Connect, then press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    2) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    3) Hit that, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    4) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and quick fix should now update as usual.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Gogs1110
    Neophyte Traveler
    Thanks. I tried all of those things (all previously mentioned on the forum) then called up support. He was helpful, ran me through the same actions (I didn't stop him and say I'd already done it) and concluded with "dead out of the box". It's less than a month old so I'm returning it to the store and hope for a straight replacement - if they ask, don't know how I'm going to explain to them that it looks like it's working but the GPS isn't functioning!