Suggestion - Fuel stops, fuel prices, fuel type and fuel brand| GO MOBILE Android — TomTom Community

Suggestion - Fuel stops, fuel prices, fuel type and fuel brand| GO MOBILE Android

NorthantsPeteNorthantsPete Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
So i saw a cool feature on waze - i can specify a) the type of fuel i want, b) tells me the price, c) tells me the brand

I only ever want SHELL premium diesel (vpower) because my car runs rubbish on everything else so just finding a fuel station is no goo. I have to load a shell app and use google maps.

So, having brand data at the very least would be good then tomtom can specify preferred outlet for fuel - which is a key thing when driving!

Comments

• AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    @NorthantsPete,

Just go to your menu and pick "Petrol Stations".
    Then type in Shell or what ever brand you like.
    It will list all the stations in the area you are in.
    Pick the one you want to go to and drive.
    Can not be any easier.

I think if you take a look at the manual it will help you out a lot.
  • NorthantsPeteNorthantsPete Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    ? That's obvious. I know how to do that.

Id like this as a preference - so when it says there is fuel stations on route, i know it will be Shell - just like I know it will be toll road free.... as set in my settings, as I do in Waze.
    @NorthantsPete,

The app show you fuel stations while driving.

There is a function called look out the window to see if there is fuel stations on route that is Shell or any other brand for that matter.

It is not rocket science mate to say the least.

If "Waze" is so great then stick with it.

I do not see TomTom changing their app to fit this criteria.
    The app works great the way it is.
    Yes there are bugs and they will work them out.

You have a safe drive.......
  • Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    It would be nice to show own poi categories on the route bar.
    I need only lpg stations on route. The option to show all coming fuel stations on the routebar is completely useless for me.
    I agree to NorthantsPete's suggestion.
  • Met-MannMet-Mann Posts: 51 [Master Traveler]
    Asprin624 wrote:
    @NorthantsPete,

The app show you fuel stations while driving.

There is a function called look out the window to see if there is fuel stations on route that is Shell or any other brand for that matter.

It is not rocket science mate to say the least.

If "Waze" is so great then stick with it.

I do not see TomTom changing their app to fit this criteria.
    The app works great the way it is.
    Yes there are bugs and they will work them out.

You have a safe drive.......

If you think like that, you don't need to use a Sat Nav at all. Totaly disagree.
    The Go 1015 had much better function. I could load Lpg or Shell stations and search for that pois on route.
    Even a poi warning feature was included. Nothing of these great functions are supported by the Go mobile app.
    Looks like you're wrong Asprin, you're clearly such in the dark ages. There is nothing wrong spotting a feature you like elsewhere and doing similar.
    Not a forward thinker are we.. just wait until electric charge stations are required... tell everyone to get a petrol car??
    You can add what ever your needs are in "My Places".

NorthantsPete you need Shell stations add them to the trip you are planning.
    They will show up as you get near that location that you add to "My places".
    The same goes for you Met-Mann you need lpg stations add the ones you need to your trip to "My Places".

Using the search "Points of Interest" using whole map gives you what you are looking for.

You both know where you can tank where you live ,work or go to school no need to add them in.

The only time you need to know where a type of station is after you have planned your trip.
    Then you can add them in and all will show up on the map as you drive.
    And I think we are only talking about needing fuel somewhere along the route.
    One stop maybe two stops.

Planning your trip has nothing to do with being in the "dark ages"

I have been using all types of GPS app and Stand alone Units for a long time.

Some have this function others have other functions that are helpful.

But no one GPS has everything one would like in a GPS app or stand alone unit.

But it will not stop you from using it.

You both have a nice day.........:cool:
    no thanks. I'll wait for TomTom to add the feature and catch up. i don't want to input shell garages every journey and hunt for fuel.. electricity... lpg... whatever.