Purchase Argentina Map — TomTom Community

Purchase Argentina Map

Ignacio GRIgnacio GR Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in Map purchasing
I buy my Tom Tom in Brazil several 3 years ago as I used to live there. Now I live in Argentina and can´t purchase the maps for Argentina, I already read the forums, so I call the customer service (011-4109-3000), they told me they don´t represent TomTom anymore, so they can´t help me.
I tried to purchase the maps in different tom tom sites, but everytime it tells me to go to Argentinian site, where i can´t purchase the maps.

Any help please?

Comments

• Ignacio GRIgnacio GR Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It is possible that my GPS (GO50) is not compatible with maps?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @Ignacio GR

You are right, that the map of Argentina and Uruguay is incompatible with a GO 50, but this one is https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/south-america-caribbean-mexico/
  • Ignacio GRIgnacio GR Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Niall, but I live in Argentina and I only hold an argentinian Credit Card, when I try to purchase in that site, tells me I cannot change the country, if I try to buy it saying I live in US but with my argentinian credit card, it give me the following message: "An unknown error has occurred. Please check your information and try again." Any idea?
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,854
    Superuser
    @Ignacio GR

You seem to be in a 'Catch 22' situation so I will ask around, but may not get back till tomorrow :(
  • ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,008
    Superusers
    Could use PayPal maybe.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,906 Moderator
    Hi Ignacio GR

I reviewed your account and it looks that your profile is registered with the country channel Europe. I have changed this to US now, so you should be able to order the map on the US website link.

I have also asked the concerned team to update the phone number on the 'contact us' tab

Regards
    Vikram