Go Mobile App V1.17.1 — TomTom Community

Go Mobile App V1.17.1

GoirleGoirle Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
What is the differnce between the V1.17 and V1.17.1 only bugfixes?

Comments

• YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    From what I can work out, it features a reversion of the change made by TomTom some time ago regarding how roundabout exit instructions are described by the system. There is a long thread about it somewhere, but I believe that the issue was eventually forced by the UK authorities who certified the older version of TomTom for use within the UK driving test. By changing the wording of how roundabouts are described, TomTom had, unwittingly, put this certification at risk !

At least, that's how I read it !!!
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Yemble wrote:
    From what I can work out, it features a reversion of the change made by TomTom some time ago regarding how roundabout exit instructions are described by the system. There is a long thread about it somewhere, but I believe that the issue was eventually forced by the UK authorities who certified the older version of TomTom for use within the UK driving test. By changing the wording of how roundabouts are described, TomTom had, unwittingly, put this certification at risk !

At least, that's how I read it !!!

Link: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/spoken-instructions-at-roundabouts-after-recent-update-1022036