Lost ride on Multisports

MarkJHMarkJH Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
edited September 2018 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I can see the ride on the watch under files but it has not appeared on my account. I've tried to sync on 2 android devices and a PC. All show as being up to date but do not show the ttbin file on any device. I tried to do a short activity after and that does show up. How do I force a file to sync with the app when it shows on the watch but not on any device. All have good internet connection but do not show the file either as uploaded or failed. I tried to update the app on my tablet just in case but now it has decided the device (Galaxy tab-A) is no longer compatible. I am very unimpressed with the shambles of a software update. The app has always bee slow and rubbish but now it's worse than ever. Please please please issue an update that allows us to get the activities from the watch directly and not to have to go via the rubbish connect software.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,673 Superusers
    If there is no ttbin there is no way to force it to upload again, it is lost. What you are seeing on the watch is just summary data, the details are deleted after it syncs successfully (or thinks it does in your case). here are the re-uploading instructions with where the ttbins are located if you want to take another look.

To force MySports to reupload an activity you need to do the following:

1. Exit MySports Connect on your computer (you must use a computer to reupload – right click on the tray icon and select Exit).
    2. Locate the ttbin files:

PC:
    The ttbins are saved in a dated folder for the date of the activity under C:\Users\{User Name}\TomTom MySports\{Watch Name}

Apple Devices:
    a. Connect your iOS device to your computer and wait for iTunes to open.
    b. Select your iOS device in the iTunes sidebar.
    c. Select the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing.
    d. Select MySports.
    e. The ttbin files are listed on the right hand side.
    f. Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) a file to copy it and save it to your computer

Android Devices:
    a. In Android, the ttbin files are stored on the internal SD in (/sdcard/TomTom_MySports/[serial number of watch]/workouts/uploaded/).
    b. Copy them to your computer

3. Place the ttbin files in the serial number directory:
    Windows: C:\Users\[user name]\TomTom MySports\[serial number]
    Mac: [home dir]/TomTom Sports/[serial number]
    4. Restart MySports Connect and connect your watch
    5. Go the Settings page (click the gear icon on the top right) and press the 'Try again' button to re-upload the files.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.