TomTom Adventurer with TomTom Bandit — TomTom Community

TomTom Adventurer with TomTom Bandit

ldrlldrl Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hello all, I wanted to ask you, recently I have acquired a tomtom adventurer watch, my doubt is can you connect to the bandit camera, like heart rate monitor? if so, how? Thank you very much.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    You cannot use the watch as a heart rate monitor to sync to the Bandit, it is not a transmitter, it only collects the HR to use internally. I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • ldrlldrl Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello Tfarabaugh thank you very much for your quick response, it has been a small disappointment, I expected them to be compatible, a pity, it would be a great option. Thank you very much again, greetings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for confirming...

just picking up on this as I have just bought a Bandit and already have a Spark3 so really excited to couple the 2 together...your answer above perhaps explains why I'm not able to...I know I shouldn't be amazed by any flaws in TomTom products (Spark3 already had to be sent back TWICE in 12 months for repairs...) but this really is the final straw....

I SO want to like TomTom products and aesthetically love them and their claimed functionality but just falling short repeatedly - I guess that's why they are discontinuing their sports products soon (at least the watches, as I have found out on very good authority) .

So....despite having invested in one of their top of the range watches with HR monitor and their camera with HR tracking facility...neither can communicate with the other?!

That I and others have to search a forum to find this out reflects how TomTom avoid making this problem known easily for purchasers and supporters of their products...

Great, wonderful...

Does anyone know if Garmin do a camera or GoPro a sports-watch?

If anyone reading this knows or finds out if TomTom raising their game to acceptable levels do please let me know...:persevere:
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,816
    Superusers
    They have already left the wearables market, it is common news (you can find plenty of articles on it looking at Google). They were never able to make any headway in the market and it was a money loser for them, particularly the Touch activity trackers. They have left and are no longer producing new devices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Ah, thanks for the info tfarabaugh, I don't check Google for articles on TomTom but good to have now found this out from someone that does and so for whom it common knowledge.