TomTom Sports 9.02 doesnt pair — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports 9.02 doesnt pair

N9TKFN9TKF Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am on the Google Pixel2 and downloaded the TomTom sports 9.02 app. When I try to pair to my Spark 3, the app refuses to move past the Lets Get Started screen. When pairing the watch, the Switch on location services screen pops up and wont go past this point. selecting ok takes me to the location services screen but location is selected and turned on. Pressing cancel takes me back to the Lets get started screen. This version worked great on my Moto phone. Anyone have a work around or answer so I can pair?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    Is the Pixel on Android 8.0? If so, it is not supported by TT and will not work. No idea when they might start supporting it, if at all (since they are leaving the wearables market and no longer producing new devices they may not ever support it). At the very least it will not be until many more phones are running it (right now only two are on Android 8.0).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • N9TKFN9TKF Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Yes the Pixel 2 is on Android 8.0. After some searching and trial and error, here is what I found. Even though the location was on, Google location services were turned off. After turning on Google Location services, while using Google Maps and re-trying TomTom Sports everything is working as it should. I should note that when I initially set up my Pixel I started as a new device and used Google to import my apps from the cloud.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,526
    Superusers
    That could be the issue others have found with it as well, with the Google location services being off by default, which is strange for Google to do. Glad it worked out for you.