Fitness age on Runner 3 Cardio

peterbernard
peterbernard Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
i have a resting pulse of 52. run, cycle and swim a lot. completed 100 miles on bike in 6 hrs recently. why does tomtom think I have a fitness age of 70? especially since it keeps telling me I am improving - ha - gone from 64 to 70 in that time

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,932
    Superuser
    I honestly don't feel you can make any judgments from what it is telling you. It does refine its readings over time but it seems to be a random, capricious measure that ties to very little. It is based on whatever algorithm TT came up with, which is different than what Garmin uses or Strava uses, or anyone else. Ultimately I don't expect a watch to be able to tell me how fit I am.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • 19Rob04
    19Rob04 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    I have the same issue, 53 years old, regular runner, my fitness age after two weeks using watch was 67, now 64, but Vo2 max showing 47 which according to tables is superior for 53. I only looked because I've just started marathon training again and was intrigued to see how it changed. It seems this measure is meaningless or Tom Tom have got something badly wrong.
  • stardelta
    stardelta Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am 63, doing 7 mile cycle commuting every day, running 10k each week and swimming 1 mile each week with a resting heartrate of 56. It tells me my fitness age has gone from 68 to 71..! I don't know many others around my age doing as much exercise as me in my friendship circle.