Update Firmware for Chromebook users — TomTom Community

Update Firmware for Chromebook users

EolaEola Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi. I recently got this TomTom Runner 3, but as I was guessing it's incapable to communicate with a Chromebook laptop. Is there any workaround? and, would I still be able to log my runs and do everything this device is capable of, without the firmware update? Many thanks! x

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    The watch requires a computer running Windows or Mac (it is written right on the box). You can theoretically do without but you will never be able to get any updates, do a factory reset or even sync it if you don't have a compatible phone that can sync with the watch. If you can borrow a computer from time to time to update the firmware, it requires a small program be installed which can then be uninstalled when you are done. But without a compatible computer or phone the device will be useless to you. Once you fill up the memory you will not be able to clear it (this is only done when syncing).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • EolaEola Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote:
    TBut without a compatible computer or phone the device will be useless to you.

Thanks for the info! I've uploaded my first run today, and I can view it in my Samsung phone and the Chromebook, both in TomTom Sports app and Strava. x