Adventurer cant pair with Galaxy S7 — TomTom Community

Adventurer cant pair with Galaxy S7

MagnarMagnar Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
I can no longer sync Adventurer to my Galaxy S7 edge. I have followed the steps to reconnect several times. Re-installed the app on Galaxy S7 edge. (Even factory reset the phone). Factory reset Adventurer several times. I get the code on the Adventurer but no option to input the code on the phone .
Trying to use the feedback on the app but it tells me I am not connected to the network and it is not possible to send feedback. It has been like this for several weeks now. Only possible to transfer data via PC.

I would be nice to get a solution for this. Thanks

Comments

• JanStolarzJanStolarz Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have exactly the same problem on Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F).
    Factory reset/reboot phone/etc. Synch is not working.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,344
    Superusers
    This seems to be a known issue for some users with the new update. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer.
  • SimonBatSimonBat Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Same problem here with a LG G5 after the latest update.
    Reported it to support about 2 weeks ago, still nothing regarding when a fix will be coming.
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    hi,

You have to wait for update, TT support is working for solution.

Cheers, Maciek
  • AirragAirrag Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The same issue with Oneplus 5. In my case sometimes I am able to synchronize and some times not.
    But for sure it does not work properly.
    Cheeer, Airrag
  • KamilUzgurKamilUzgur Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    icemac wrote:
    hi,

You have to wait for update, TT support is working for solution.

Cheers, Maciek

Hi,
    When do you have any idea with sports app update?

Thank you :8
  • icemacicemac Posts: 199 [Legendary Explorer]
    KamilUzgur wrote:
    Hi,

I don't know, but if You don't need Fitness Point, notification (they don't work without connection) You can ask Jurgen about connection to old firmware - the last working. for TT Runner2,3 it was 1.3.255 (for Adventurer I have no idea, maybe the same)

Cheers, Maciek.
  • KamilUzgurKamilUzgur Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    icemac wrote:
    KamilUzgur wrote:
    Hi,

I don't know, but if You don't need Fitness Point, notification (they don't work without connection) You can ask Jurgen about connection to old firmware - the last working. for TT Runner2,3 it was 1.3.255 (for Adventurer I have no idea, maybe the same)

Cheers, Maciek.

Thank you :)
  • Rygbi CymraegRygbi Cymraeg Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem. Took delivery of the watch on Sat 18/11/17 and went thro' the pairing connection process, even this experienced a slight problem in the connections. Noticed that the watch needed updating from 1.3. ??? to 1.7.??? since then I have not been able to pair the phone and watch. I have repeatedly uninstalled both the watch and computer programmes, reinstalled, opened no end of different advice pages, carried out factory resets/reboots and still nothing.
    Some advice has been that we do have the option to transfer data manually to the computer programme. I didn't buy an all singing all dancing £270.00 watch sothat I could do the work.
    Where are tomtom in this? It appears that this issue has been flagged since maybe 6 weeks ago. Plenty of time for them to at least make a substantive statement of intent. Their IT department must know that the update has a corruption somewhere and the Customer Relations people have ample time to keep us informed.
  • J.D.J.D. Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello TomTom,

any news for this issue?
    I have the same problem with Galaxy S4 after update Adventurer to version 1.7.62.

Best Regards
    Jarek
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,344
    Superusers
    J.D. wrote:
    Hello TomTom,

any news for this issue?
    I have the same problem with Galaxy S4 after update Adventurer to version 1.7.62.

Best Regards
    Jarek
    TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see unfortunately. But considering they have exited the wearables market altogether and laid off much of their staff I wonder if it will ever be fixed.