What about a function of manually score the pool lengths while swimming?

icardenas
icardenas Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi!

I have a Spark 3 with firmware 1.7.53.
I am very happy with the watch, and I think everything works very well except the swimming activity.
Every time I go swimming I do 40 lengths in a 25 meter pool. However, the clock always counts between 5 and 7 fewer lengths than I actually did. It is very frustrating.
I think it would be very important to include a function to be able to score manually when a length has been completed, if the watch does not detect it automatically. This feature is included in many other watches from another brands, and I think it would be simple to implement. For example, right clicking on the controller while the swim activity is active does nothing, it might serve to score the lengths manually. This feature would make the experience much less frustrating, and customers like me would be much happier with the watch.

Thanks!

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    Essentially you want a manual laps for swimming, but since manual laps are activated by the touchscreen and the touchscreen does not work in the water this will not work. They can't map it to a button as all the button directions are taken. Swimming has always been the least used function on the watch and has never changed and I would not expect any changes now that they are leaving the wearables market altogether and not producing any more devices. This is something you are going to have to live with, I am afraid. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • icardenas
    icardenas Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    * Spark 3 has not a touchscreen.
    * The right direction when the swim activity is active is not mapping to any function.
    * TomTom has updated the firmware for Spark 3 twice the last month. At least, my watch has received two updates since September 30.

Obviously, your reply can not be a solution.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    The Spark 3 does have a touchscreen, it is how you turn the backlight on and off and create manual laps (by holding your palm over the screen.
    You are correct, right is not used in that single (little used) mode but it is in all others.
    The latest updates were prior to their announcing they are leaving the market and the last was to fix problems brought about by the first (and there will be another as the latest messed up the watch for a lot of people).

In any case, they are not going to change this, they have not in 5 years and certainly won't after leaving the market at least in my opinion. And they are not going to say anything about it here in any case.

It may not be the solution you want, but it is the answer. Don't mark it solved, mark it solved, makes no difference to me.