TomTom Adventurer: Optimal charging to prolong battery life

WLSJOH013WLSJOH013 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited January 22 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi all,

I am the proud owner of a TomTom Adventurer and was wondering what the best charging plan is for the watch? Should I let the watch die completely and then only charge? Do I charge to 100%, or just to 85%? If I should not let the battery die completely, and only keep the battery between 25% and 85% (as is the case with many smartphones) how often should I do a complete charge and discharge (i.e. let the watch die completely, and then charge to 100%)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,220 Superusers
    You do not need to do anything special with charging, newer generation batteries do not require the whole discharge/recharge cycle (this is true for phones as well by the way). I personally plug mine into the computer after using it when it is syncing and just leave it there until the next time I need it. If I am using it for 24/7 tracking I plug it in while I am in the shower every day which is enough to fill up the battery.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • WLSJOH013WLSJOH013 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    After reading your response, I did a bit of research on Li-ion batteries, and you're spot on. Apparently, you can prolong your Li-Ion battery by as much as 250% if you only let the battery discharge slightly and then recharge it frequently (say, 10% discharge before recharging). Thanks for the response!
  • i-zeroi-zero Posts: 45 [Outstanding Explorer]
    MY TTA get warm when 100%. @WLS do you get that too?