Is it possible to turn off daily step and calories counting?

Nemesison
Nemesison Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
As in the title the step count is way off and so follow my calories count outside excercise.

Is there any way to turn it off?

Comments

• TheRoadrunner
    TheRoadrunner Registered Users Posts: 7
    Master Traveler
    I sympathise with you, step counting is way off. I often get credited 15-18.000 steps on days when other step-counters wouldn't reach half the numbers.
    The latest software (1.7.53) might have brought some improvements, although it is still off.

PS. When riding my (two-cylinder) motorbike, I get around 10.000 steps per hour ;)
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    The step count has very little to do with the calorie count in the 24/7 tracking, that is based on your assumed BMR using your personal stats. They are using averages to come up with this, so it is not going to be right for everyone unfortunately. Turn it off by going to Activity>Goals>Off. You will not count steps but you will also not count calories, it is all or nothing.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.