Live services not working on my Go Live 1005

Renegade15_99
Renegade15_99 Registered Users Posts: 13
Apprentice Seeker
My live services were working up until a few days ago, I thought that it had run out and purchased a renewal. It turns out that it didn't need renewing until the New Year.
Anyway I am unable to get it to show on my TomTom, I have followed the instructions to reset it but I cannot find me and my device.
I have tried the sequence below but me and my device isn't there.

Tap the screen to bring up the Main menu.
Tap Settings.
Tap the arrow in the bottom on the left or right until you see the Me and my device button.
Tap Me and my device.
Tap My information.
Tap Yes to start sending information or tap No to stop sending information.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Comments

• Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    I've also done a full factory reset as well.
  • Clarkey
    Clarkey Registered Users Posts: 11
    Master Traveler
    HI I have a 1005 model too! What does it say when you click on the menu- live services- my services options?
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    Clarkey wrote:
    HI I have a 1005 model too! What does it say when you click on the menu- live services- my services options?

It says:- TomTom Services ---- One moment please... it shows the whirling wheel as if it is waiting for live services, and nothing happens.
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,393
     Superuser
    Anything here?:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

Support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
  • Clarkey
    Master Traveler
    Hi It should show your subscription details and when they are valid until. If this information is not there then it would appear that your live service subscription is not being registered correctly. I would suggest you follow the steps depicted in the prior post and if you have no success contact support!
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    dhn wrote:
    Anything here?:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

Support:

United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Tried all of the above.
    I have contacted support before I posted on here.
    " Staff Account via E-mail 20/10/2017 03.48 PM
    Dear Mr ,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Care Team. The reference number for your query is 171020-.............

I understand you have renewed Live Services for your GO LIVE 1005 device but it is not offered on your device.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused. Please be assured that I will put my best efforts to assist you.

I have checked and can confirm that Live Services purchased under Order number 4064...... is already active on your GO LIVE 1005 device with serial number SA2............

Live Services is valid till 06/01/2019.

You can refer the steps mentioned on the link below to check status of Live Services for your device :

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12292

IF Live Services is not working on your device then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned on the link below :

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10316

Please perform the above mentioned steps and update me on same.

I hope the above provided information will get the issue resolved for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. I will be more than happy to assist you again.

With Kind Regards
    The TomTom Customer Team

Click here to reply

If you have any further questions you can update us by replying directly to this email. You can also find a list of your questions on https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/questions/list/. Alternatively we have our support website http://www.tomtom.com/support our YouTube channel; http://www.tomtom.com/videosupport. You can also ask questions and find answers from other TomTom customers on the Discussions forum: http://discussions.tomtom.com/

After 3 days your incident will be automatically set to Answered. However, should you need to update us, you can still reply to the incident within 28 days.
  • Clarkey
    Master Traveler
    Hi Again, I assume that you have tried all the steps as described in the support response?

What happens if you click "Services" then "Weather" - do you get a local report?
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    Clarkey wrote:
    Hi Again, I assume that you have tried all the steps as described in the support response?

What happens if you click "Services" then "Weather" - do you get a local report?

I get nothing, just the whirling wheel.
  • lampard
    lampard Retired TomTom Employee Posts: 6,075 Retired Community Moderators and Admins
    HiRenegade15_99,

Welcome to the Community!

Please update the incident you opened with the Customer support and they'll be able to help you further in this. If you receive an error, please mention it with below Connection information (found in Network Status screen) details to the support:

• ICCID from the device:
    • Network Connection Status:
    • ATT Status code:
    • How long does the battery last?:

Cheers, lampard
  • fundoobies
    fundoobies Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    same issue here. about 4 days ago i lost traffic and any subscription services. thought it was a glitch, got stuck in all traffic under the sun till i spent all today trying to fix it. factory reset, soft reset, connected to laptop, check subscription, battery holds power, sim card is seated correctly and so on. service status says map shared is disabled. i didnt do this! anyway i can no longer get to the option to turn it back on. me and my device is no longer there. just an icon that says 'about my device' even after a factory reset it doesn't give me the option to join the information sharing community. someone please figure this out. i'm not replacing a perfectly good unit. is this some sort of kill switch tomtom have activated? or is it too early to get into conspiracy theories?? i have logged a ticket but if someone suggests i give them the data shown in the network connection status screen this wont help as there is no information displayed. no mcc, no sim id, no emei, no model number.

i do have full GPS though!!
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    fundoobies wrote:
    same issue here. about 4 days ago i lost traffic and any subscription services. thought it was a glitch, got stuck in all traffic under the sun till i spent all today trying to fix it. factory reset, soft reset, connected to laptop, check subscription, battery holds power, sim card is seated correctly and so on. service status says map shared is disabled. i didnt do this! anyway i can no longer get to the option to turn it back on. me and my device is no longer there. just an icon that says 'about my device' even after a factory reset it doesn't give me the option to join the information sharing community. someone please figure this out. i'm not replacing a perfectly good unit. is this some sort of kill switch tomtom have activated? or is it too early to get into conspiracy theories?? i have logged a ticket but if someone suggests i give them the data shown in the network connection status screen this wont help as there is no information displayed. no mcc, no sim id, no emei, no model number.

i do have full GPS though!!

Exactly the same as me. Customer support havn't really helped other than organising a refund on the live update that I bought thinking that was the problem. Kill switch does sound feasable.
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have what looks like a satelite symbol in the bottom left corner just below the telephone symbol.
    Network :- Connection status:- "Status connection disabled (Sharing settings)"
    MCC/MNC: is blank as is Sim Id: IMEI: Model:
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    Battery lasts about an hour
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    Any ideas?
  • dhn
    dhn Posts: 33,393
     Superuser
    Seems as if another call to support is necessary, Renegade. Quote the query from the earlier email sent to you by TT.
  • fundoobies
    fundoobies Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi all,

just thought i would update you. My issue is NOW RESOLVED. I was just about to buy another unit as i couldn't face sitting in traffic any longer. i decided to take my unit and the cable out of my car. (cable is normally hidden in trim and i take my laptop to end of USB). Anyway, I logged into my account on the laptop, connected my device and I got a message saying do not disconnect, TomTom updating. As soon as this happened i got the information sharing opt in message on my TomTom! yes! I knew this was the gateway to Live services so I opted in... I then navigated to settings and the icon for Me and My Device was back! ohhh the joy!... Everything now works and i'm now updating the device with all the suggested updates.

Just to note, I did not start any downloads to fix. i just connected to the computer with my TomTom MyDrive Connect page open.

TomTom customer services did nothing apart from log my ticket and ask me if i had turned it off and back on again....
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    This is the reply I have received.

"Let me apologize for the inconvenience and the delay in response.

I have investigated this with our concern department and found this to be a known issue which is still under investigation.

I would request your patience on this as it may take a while to fix the issue.

Thank you for your understanding."
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    In other words they havn't got a clue.
  • Renegade15_99
    Apprentice Seeker
    Wow !!! After a month it's now working, I just updated and it's all working.
  • Cpt. Icecold
    Cpt. Icecold Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Had the same issue on a 825 Live. Tried all steps provided by support, factory reset (partial & full), recovery mode, updates,.. still no luck.
    Please note, at this point I do not have a valid map update service.
    What did the trick for me is removing the map from the device (in my case by removing the SD card). Then (re-)installed a (partial) map on the device memory, and then the 'me and my device' item reappeared in the settings menu. Enabling the information sharing revived the live services (for which I do have a valid subscription).
    Hope this is useful information for users with the same issue.
  • JB652
    JB652 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Traveler
    I had the very same issue this week after a MYDRIVE update. I sent an email to custome services and after a couple of replies and self help advice they did a back end fix and now up and running again.
    Thanks Guys

JB