Brand new Runner 3 - cannot sync not even once to the app

emmaKB
emmaKB Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi guys,

I've been trawling through all of the forums for a solution to my problem. I just bought a Runner 3 but cannot sync it to the MySports app. The issue is, as others have experienced, that the keyboard does not come up. I have a Google Pixel with Android 8.0.0 installed. The firmware on my Runner 3 is V 1.7.53. I am very frustrated that I cannot sync my new watch to my phone at all. I even did a factory reset of the watch just in case that was the problem.

Anyone have any solutions for me? I just want to see that keyboard pop-up once so I can put in the pin!

Cheers,
Emma

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    They are not supporting Android 8.0 yet as it has just been released and is only on 2 phones. I would expect it to be quite a long while before you see support for it, as they are likely to wait until it is more widely adopted before working on new code to support it because in so doing they may lose support for the older versions of Android. Until it is supported you will have to use the PC sync. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.