Interval training feature

RebeccatxRebeccatx Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
edited January 31 in Runner & Multi-Sport
Like the Interval training feature however am disappointed by one factor. The units only go to the Tenths place. Most my intervals are on track where I need the Hundredths place. For example this Monday had a 4x1200 with 400 rest. Had to set it up .8 miles with a rest .2. This should be hopefully be a simple fix as the laps capabilities has the hundredths place why not intervals.

Comments

• ChampionAdamChampionAdam Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    Strange; I have the opposite issue nearly. Mine only goes in yards, but I want miles.

If I want 2 miles slow, 1 mile fast (for example), I have to do it in yards.

Have you tried switching the thing to metric (in settings)?
  • RebeccatxRebeccatx Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    YES but it's still a tenth decimal. so frustrating.
    Ah!

I assumed you are talking about workouts, but you are talking about intervals (on the watch)?

In the new workout thing (which you program from your laptop), it is in yards (or metres). So what you want would work.

What I want (2 miles fast, 2 mile slow, 3 miles tempo etc) has to be worked out in yards (or metres) which I don't like, but I guess you do!

Try workouts!
    I want 8x600

8 @ .37 mile
    and .25 recovery

it only lets me do .3 and .2
    Yes, if you use 'INTERVALS' from your watch.

If you make a custom 'WORKOUT' (from your laptop) then you'll find distances are in yards or metres, which is what you want? So you could have 1679.6 yards x 19, then 3335.8 yards x2 etc if thats what you want. I'm not sure why you'd want less than a whole yards (or metre) but you can have it if you want.

I'm just trying to point out a possible solution for you. I'm not trying to take away from your point, which seems reasonable and similar to mine (posted elsewhere).

Good luck!
    where do I go to do that and how do i start it when i want to do my track workout and will it buzz me when it's time to rest and then start up.

I appreciate any help.
    You use tomtom sports online (where you would see your running history stats etc). Look at planning and you should see customs workouts.there you can set all sorts of fancy intervals. Then on your watch (once you have loaded the workout onto the watch) you find it under workouts. The watch buzzes at all the changes and tells you what to do in each interval ansd has a pace indicator if you set a pace. Its really good imo.
    hmm i was there and saw ones that where already built :

These races will appear on your TomTom watch. Add more races by clicking "Copy to Races" on the activity details page of a particular activity.

it wants me to pick from another activity and i haven't ran this yet so i dont have one.
  • EVA_27EVA_27 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Go to planning, workouts. The top one ("custom") will let you build your own workout using the intervals you prefer. Click on "add new workout". For each interval, you can choose between distance and time.
  • Michael ProcterMichael Procter Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    EVA_27 wrote:
    Go to planning, workouts. The top one ("custom") will let you build your own workout using the intervals you prefer. Click on "add new workout". For each interval, you can choose between distance and time.

I only have trails and races. not custom or even workouts
    I do not have custom on planning I have a few that are already there I didn't put them there or it tells me to

These races will appear on your TomTom watch. Add more races by clicking "Copy to Races" on the activity details page of a particular activity.
  • EVA_27EVA_27 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I added a screenshot of the "workouts" page. In the top left hand corner, right under the TomTom logo, you can see the the choice between races and workouts, and further down, the "custom" tab. If you don't see this on the website, then I could only advise you to contact TomTom directly through the contact page.
    I dont have that option.. :( ugggggg I knew I was not seeing it..
  • lampardlampard Posts: 3,964 TomTom Moderator
    EVA_27 wrote:

I only have trails and races. not custom or even workouts
    Rebeccatx wrote:
    I dont have that option.. :( ugggggg I knew I was not seeing it..

@Rebeccatx: You've got the Multisports watch and the custom workouts are only available with the Spark and Adventurer watches.

@Michael: Your Spark 3 watch has been reverted to the software version 1.3.255. The Personalised workouts are available with only 1.7.53 and hence you're not able to see the 'Workouts' tab under planning as EVA_27 mentioned.

Cheers,
    lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• FrenzyFrenzy Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Can you not just change your watch to metric and set the session up for 400m or 1.2km?