Updating — TomTom Community

Updating

moviemommoviemom Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited November 2018 in Map purchasing
I have a TomTom EASE and cannot update my maps. I don't feel the need to update my device, as it still works very well. Please help.

Comments

• dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    That model may be considered End of Life by Tomtom (no more maps). Check the serial number of the device with that of the Start (which is the European name for the same model) in the following link:

https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23509/locale/en_US#list
  • [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Navigator]
    dhn wrote:
    That model may be considered End of Life by Tomtom (no more maps). Check the serial number of the device with that of the Start ...
    No, it is not. The "EASE" models have their own serial numbers.

c041cddd-f892-47c8-a203-15e1e46b0af9.jpg
    Superusers
    Thanks. That's why I said 'may' not 'are' in my post.
  • mqdmqd Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    dhn, you seem to think you 'may' or 'may not' have the answer also you are repeatedly seen providing an answer number for phone support for devices using downloadable services. In practice this support simple does not exist. Please stop!!!! It seems clear to me you are just churning out these numbers from a list without any experience of the actual so called service. As soon as a loyal Tom Tom user faces a problem other than a payment ... so called 'services' are actually 'sales' trying to get you to purchase a new devices because in real life support for certain devices simply sucks.
    Superusers
    While your experience may be negative with support that is not the case with others, including myself when necessary. It is correct that Tomtom support for certain older models has ceased completely. But other models not affected by the End of Life decree should still work. If not, then support may be able to assist.

Don't like my posts? Don't read them. And unless you somehow became a moderator here, I will choose to ignore your 'don't post' comment.
  • mqdmqd Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    Look dhn, lets be clear here, first as for 'don't read' your comments - You seem to be 'getting off' by repeatedly posting on threads when people like myself are identifying the difficulties we are facing with this company.
    Your endless worldwide list of 'contacts' is stating the bloody obvious when its the bloody obvious where the difficulties and abuse by this company and its sales staff really kick in for the millions of former loyal tom tom users like myself !
    As for models affected by a self professed 'End of Life decree' ...well this is a big, big problem!
    One that I feel, just as in the PPI miss selling in insurance, will be brought to the courts, quicker I feel because of miss informed commentators and arogant unhelpful 'support' operatives (sales staff) letting down customers that are left to search chat rooms and the internet to find an impossible answer !!! This is one for the courts and one I personly feel the lawyers will embrace - and rightly so,