Watch not pairing with new phone — TomTom Community

Watch not pairing with new phone

Macblack82Macblack82 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
My Spark watch will not pair with my new iPhone. App and watch are both up to date. I follow the instructions and the pair code flashes up briefly before disappearing. The phone still tries in vain to connect but never asks for the pairing code.

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,516
    Superusers
    Try a factory reset to clear the pairing codes from the watch and then try again. If it doesn't help, it may be an issue with the firmware. This seems to be a known issue for some users with the new update. They are reportedly working on a fix, but no timeline has been communicated. In the meanwhile you always have the option of syncing via computer.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Macblack82Macblack82 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    I tried factory reset, made no difference. It’s actually my partners watch, I’ve had no issues with mine, they were bought at the same time from the same place, the software has been updated on the same laptop and they connect to the same model of phone. It’s baffling why mine works faultlessly and hers refuses to pair.
  • Macca204862Macca204862 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Got same problem

Had enough of TomTom

Will never buy again,
    Superusers
    They have left the market and are not producing any new wearables so buying again is not an option anyway.
  • ZimoxZimox Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So when is this so called fix coming out cos this is extremely frustrating!!! I have tried everything to get my watch to pair and nothing works
  • ZimoxZimox Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    So basically the app is useless to me until this issue is fixed?
    Superusers
    Zimox wrote:
    So basically the app is useless to me until this issue is fixed?
    You can still sync through a computer and use the app to view your activities, but you will not be able to sync it until the app is fixed.
  • BestCoast19BestCoast19 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    My watch does this with my iPhone and it drives me crazy. 100% of the time the fix is (after factory reset) to go into your iPhone’s Bluetooth settings and forget your TomTom watch. Then try again in the prescribed order. Code now shows and pairs as it should instead of flashing for that maddening half-second.
  • broncosaurusbroncosaurus Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I finally fixed this issue with my watch today. Here's what I did:
    1) My watch was still listed in bluetooth devices on my old phone, so I went into settings on my old phone and clicked "forget this device"
    2) I triggered pairing on my watch first (it says something like "Searching for app") and then I opened the app (on my new phone) and initiated the pairing from there as well.
    My watch is finally syncing directly with my phone :)
  • pcpierre_123pcpierre_123 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Mine also didn't want to pair with iphone(just flashing). Now fixed by removing on phone but now how come suddenly the battery only lasts only 55 minutes from full when I cycle with gps on. used to last about 4 hours?
  • Stribe7668Stribe7668 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    my watch wont sync with anything, cable into pc cable into Apple Mac, or bluetooth on my iphone, I am going mad
    Superusers
    Stribe7668 wrote: »
    my watch wont sync with anything, cable into pc cable into Apple Mac, or bluetooth on my iphone, I am going mad

You should reset the connection following these steps. You first need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

For not connecting to the computer, is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.