how to get Beta Software 1.7.58 for spark?

sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
Hi all,
I've read that the Beta Software 1.7.58 will solve the battery drain problem.
Is there a way to get it before official rollout?
I'll be glad to help trying out this beta.
TIA
tony

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,717 Superusers
    No, there is no way to force the upload, it is released after being fully beta tested and they have already completed the beta testing team. And since the update has not been released yet and he beta testers are not allowed to discuss it, where did you hear it will solve the problem? The plan is for it to solve the problem but that is not ensured yet. It is a staged rollout, being released in increments to allow them to monitor issues. There is nothing you can do to make it come faster, we just have to wait our turn.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • sweetman70sweetman70 Posts: 30 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have read about this here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/beta-software-1-7-58-1028779. But is there a way to partecipate to the beta program? We all, we should partecipate and help, if we want a better experience.
    Tony
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,773 Community Manager
    Hi Tony,

In case of battery problems you first should try a factory reset. In most cases this solves it. If the problem persists I rather recommend a downgrade to 1.3.255 until we have a fix. The 1.7.58 build is not perfect. It also has an increased battery drain if smartphone notifications are switched on.

Greetings,
    Jürgen
  • TheOtherPeteTheOtherPete Posts: 24 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    sweetman70 wrote:
    I have read about this here: https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/spark-and-spark-3-runner-2-and-runner-3-473/beta-software-1-7-58-1028779. But is there a way to partecipate to the beta program? We all, we should partecipate and help, if we want a better experience.
    Tony
    Honestly you are better off downgrading to the 1.3.255 release -- I am still having problems with both the battery and bluetooth sync with the 1.7.58 release
    Honestly you are better off downgrading to the 1.3.255 release -- I am still having problems with both the battery and bluetooth sync with the 1.7.58 release
    Yes, the downgrade is the safer option until we have a fix. Let me know if you want me to switch you to 1.3.255.
    Hi Jurgen - thank you for being so responsive. Yes please configure me for the 1.3.255 - I have an important race coming up and I'm counting on the Spark3 to track it so I don't want any hiccups.
    Hi Jurgen - thank you for being so responsive. Yes please configure me for the 1.3.255 - I have an important race coming up and I'm counting on the Spark3 to track it so I don't want any hiccups.
    You're now linked to 1.3.255. You need to do a factory reset.
    Jürgen wrote:
    You're now linked to 1.3.255. You need to do a factory reset.
    Confirmed at 1.3.255 after performing factory reset - thanks again.