Start 45 map not updating in TomTom Home — TomTom Community

Start 45 map not updating in TomTom Home

MrFettuccineMrFettuccine Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited August 2018 in Map installation
I haven't used my TomTom for a couple years but am going into Canada in a couple days and wanted to bring this along since my phone won't be very useful. However, when trying to update it, it says that my device is up-to-date in TomTom Home. However, I know that isn't the fact as I haven't used it in a couple years plus the version is an outdated one when checking the actual GPS. When getting this GPS, I did purchase the one that came with Lifetime Maps.

I also thought maybe this GPS uses the other application (MyDrive Connect) but that didn't recognize the application at all.

This link says Start TomToms use MyDrive Connect when clicking "Click here to see which products/categories this applies to.": https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6218/locale/en_CA

But this link says Start TomToms use TomTom Home: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15600/~/what-program-do-i-need-to-update-my-navigation-device?

So that is pretty confusing, too.

Also, it is asking me to purchase maps and includes US and Canada maps there which I found odd but the box of the GPS says "Lifetime Maps" on it.

Lastly, I tried to use the application on a different computer and was coming up with the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'd really like to have this when traveling in Canada!

Comments

• [Gelöschter Benutzer][Gelöschter Benutzer] Posts: 5,321 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    b6ce7bfe-9dc3-4c5a-bc06-5344d2fe644a.jpg
  • HateBeingColdHateBeingCold Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Did you ever get a response to this query? I am in Canada and heading to the US and have the same issue
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,922
    Superuser
    Hi @HateBeingCold

Hopefully @VikramK can check your account and advise you .

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,928 Moderator
    Hi @HateBeingCold

I don't see an active map on your device for US or Canada on your START 45- 'GY'

I have reactivated the older map which you can download using TomTom HOME.

Considering that you will be traveling to US, perhaps you may want to consider buying an upgraded map version. But that is completely your call..

Regards
    Vikram