No recovery ?? — TomTom Community

No recovery ??

i-zeroi-zero Posts: 56 [Master Explorer]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Adventurer
Hi,

Today I run an interval of 5 sets and 5 min cool down. But after cool down I didnt stop it. I kept the TTA running, walked and do some easy routines. My TTA show "No recovery" sometime later. I checked the manual it doesnt state anything like this. Does anyone know what this mean?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    Did you pause it? It only calculates a recovery score when paused. It takes your HR 60 seconds after you pause and tells you the difference between that and the final value. It is not an indicator of recovery; it is just a meaningless statistic. It will vary greatly on the type of exercise done, if there was a cool down period included and any number of other factors. It is also no uploaded or saved anywhere so it is not even comparable over time. In your case because you were still moving and exercising your HR may not have dropped enough in 60 seconds to meet the threshold to show any recovery.

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • i-zeroi-zero Posts: 56 [Master Explorer]
    So cool down is different from recovery. If I remember correctly, the "No Recovery" displayed after the cool down period. Like you said I was still moving. With TTA, I can track my HR beat after working out which I always looking for. Two quick question here. Is there a recovery option? I mean instead of recording your work out you are recording your recovery. How do I know that I have recovery?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,527
    Superusers
    No, there is no recovery option, what you see is what you get: the reduction in HR 60 seconds after you pause the workout and it is not transmitted or saved anywhere and there is no way to track it over time. A watch can't tell you if you have recovery it not, it can just tell you how your heart rate changed.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.