Spark 3 VO2 max with Chest Strap

wheeler.sexton
wheeler.sexton Registered Users Posts: 8
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I have a Spark 3 without the integrated HRM, does the new Fitness Age / VO2 max feature work with the TomTom HRM chest strap?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    Yes, you can get VO2Max with a chest strap as long as it is a Cardio watch. Be aware only running and cycling activities will calculate VO2Max values. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wheeler.sexton
    Master Explorer
    I don't have the Cardio (integrated HRM?) version, it's the basic Spark 3 multi-sport watch. So guess it won't work even when paired with a chest strap?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    No it will not, it must be a Cardio version.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • wheeler.sexton
    Master Explorer
    Thanks, solution marked. Hopefully, they'll fix that, seems like data from the chest strap would provide the needed information and is an oversight by the development team.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    It was an intentional choice but I am not sure why. With TomTom exiting the wearables market I am not sure how much more development we will see, but time will tell.