Phone alerts with Spark

helenmt4
helenmt4 Registered Users Posts: 23
Outstanding Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Hi - today I updated my cardio spark (with music) to version 1.7.53 and noticed that there are now phone alerts. I have turned this on, but wondering - what does it mean? Will I now receive my text and whatsapp messages to my watch when connected to bluetooth and paired to my phone?
If so, what do I do to set this up?
Thanks
Helen

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
    Superuser
    All you will receive a phone call and text notifications in the native phone app, no Facebook messenger, no Whatsapp, only what comes through the native app. And all you will see is a single screen showing the notification, you cannot scroll down, recall them or interact with them in any way. It is essentially telling you to look at your phone.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • helenmt4
    helenmt4 Registered Users Posts: 23
    Outstanding Explorer
    Thank you. This morning a phone call came through but text messages aren't coming through - do I need to do something to set them up?
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    No, they should come through if the phone calls are. Double check the settings on the app that you have full syncing set up and make sure you are using the Message app from your phone's base OS, not another app. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Ro-On
    Ro-On Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    I have the same problem. Can TT check this issue? I have a iphone4s.
  • tfarabaugh
    Superuser
    This is a user forum, no one from TT is going to check anything for you. Call Customer Support if you want to talk to TT. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).
  • Ro-On
    Ro-On Registered Users Posts: 11
    Legendary Explorer
    Now it works!!!! For iphone4s and spark music + cardio and software 1.7.53 it works!