"Change the intensity of this workout" broken?

lethalsweet
lethalsweet Registered Users Posts: 7
Master Explorer
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I just went to Planning->Workouts->Speed and selected the 55 minute three star speed workout. Then I move the "Change the intensity of this workout" slider from "Standard" to "Harder". The length of many of the stages then becomes ridiculously short! For instance stage 8 drops from 1000 meters (Standard) to 10 meters (Harder). So the workout ends up becoming a bit silly...

The same thing happens with the 45 minute three star endurance workout, which is basically a warmup followed by a 5k run in "Standard". If you move to "Harder" it becomes a warmup followed by a 10 meter run!

This is surely a bug - does anyone else see this?

Comments

• xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    seeing the same for the HR related section the distance goes from 1km to 10 meters.... Must be a bug on the server. I just created a custom workout and that works fine also when i move the slide. But this (Interval) workout is based on speed vs distance and not on HR.
  • lethalsweet
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for confirming. What is the best way to report this to TomTom? Will it get picked up from this Forum post?
  • xray79
    xray79 Registered Users Posts: 160
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Thanks for confirming. What is the best way to report this to TomTom? Will it get picked up from this Forum post?
    Yes in general TomTom employees will read these posts and comment on them. I guess they are busy fixing the BT sync issues so this might take a bit longer to fix.
  • lethalsweet
    Master Explorer
    Thanks. Would appreciate if someone from TomTom could please post to confirm you are aware? I'd really like this feature!
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.
  • lethalsweet
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for clarifying the policy on planned or future updates.

What I'm really looking for is more an acknowledgement they are aware of the issue than a commitment to fix it.

If TomTom won't acknowledge the problem on the forum, is it better to contact customer service?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    You can but it won't likely get you anywhere. You will just get a canned "thank you for your input" response.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Not helpful for you, I know, but just to inform you : I don't have this problem. When I adjust the slider, the only thing that changes is the target pace of the "intensive" stages. The length (either time or distance) of these or other stages doesn't change. So it seems that either this was a temporary problem, or it is at least not a generalised thing.
  • lethalsweet
    Master Explorer
    That's interesting! Are you sure you are using the same workout I mentioned? I see this for some workouts and not others. I just checked and I still have the issue for the workout mentioned above...
  • EVA_27
    EVA_27 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Yes, I tried the speed workout you mentioned.