ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival)

Fperez77
Fperez77 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I think it would be good if, when we put a goal away, we could see the ETA (estimated time of arrival). It is one of the best aids that our watch could give us to achieve our goals. Supports this initiative ?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    How would it know your ETA, would it guess it based on your average pace? Anytime you fall off that pace it would change, so what use would that be? In any case, I would not expect to see this added as this is the first request for it in 4+ years so there is clearly not a lot of demand for it and demand determines resources. TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Fperez77
    Fperez77 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    The ETA will be based on the distance that remains to be traveled and the average pace until that moment. The calculation is very simple and would not consume many resources of the clock, and thus would have a function that do not have the competitors' watches.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,939
    Superuser
    Since TT is getting out of the wearables market, they really are not looking to differentiate themselves from the competitors. No one is going to buy a TT device because it does one small thing different than the competition. Again, you don't know what the future might hold but I would not hold my breath waiting for it.

I imagine this is not what you were hoping to hear but let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so other can look for it if they have the same question.
  • neldiogo
    neldiogo Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Explorer
    Actually Garmin calculates this and it was pretty useful. I used it a lot (Fenix 3) when on unknown terrain. If I was using a preloaded route it would even show the ETA accordingly with the distance left.
    Other useful feature was the out of routes alerts. You predefined a offset of 50m let's say and the watch would alert you if you got out of the track.

I knew these features weren't available on TT Adventurer of course and I don't think TT will add them.