Polar OH1 Armband compatibility with SPARK — TomTom Community

Polar OH1 Armband compatibility with SPARK

miss_kegsmiss_kegs Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,

I'm currently looking at this optical heart rate monitor armband and if anyone has this or know it is compatible with their Spark watch? Is it any good? Thanks

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    I have never seen it referenced and TT does not test every possible HR strap out there. If it is BT+ it should be compatible, but I would make sure you buy it from someplace with a good return policy in case does not work. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • MachMach Posts: 89 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi,

TT Spark doesn't work with Polar OH1 - I've tested it and HR is never detected.
  • Mikko_from_FinlandMikko_from_Finland Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Any ideas is the issue in OH1 or Spark? BT+ is the techique in OH1 so that should be ok.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,319
    Superusers
    Any ideas is the issue in OH1 or Spark? BT+ is the techique in OH1 so that should be ok.
    First thing to try is a factory reset, which generally resolves most issues (but liekly will not help this - see below). Even if it is BT+, the BT standard is in such a way a 'standard' that it can be widely interpreted with different settings for buffer sizes, time outs, profiles, protocols, antenna configurations, etc.. TomTom cannot change their code every time a manufacturers messes with the BT coding. There are thousands of models out there so there is no way for TT to test them all and since the manufacturers often tweak the BT settings there is no way to know upfront if a pair will work or not. Polar even acknowledges this on their website:

"There is plenty of variation between how different Android devices handle the technologies used in our products and services, such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and different standards and protocols. Because of this, compatibility varies between phone manufacturers, and unfortunately Polar cannot guarantee that all features can be used with all devices."

If others have said they cannot get it to work and you cannot either, it is most likely simply not compatible, due to a change on the Polar side.
  • MaikiamMaikiam Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I'm not sure whether it is due to an update from polar, but I got my OH1(+) connected to my TomTom Spark. You need to make sure that the OH1 is not connected to your phone (or any other device) as it is only able to send to one bluetooth device.