Battery life renders watch useless, urgent fix needed tomtom? — TomTom Community

Battery life renders watch useless, urgent fix needed tomtom?

webbzwebbz Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
Well done Tomtom for the latest update, 1.5 hours my watch lasted fresh off charge, what was even worse I had no idea where I was and was relying on watch to get me back, and I don’t want to hear that they know about it etc because surely all updates should be tested to destruction before release

Does anyone know if Tomtom actually look at the issues on these forums?

Comments

• MichaelProcterMichaelProcter Posts: 41 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I've not noticed a problem other than if you have alerts & auto sync on the the battery goes down very quickly.

Yes Tom Tom staff do listen and read the forums.
  • webbzwebbz Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    My settings are the same before update and battery life was exceptional, I would be a bit miffed if I have to render services to off because of the updates, what would be the point of software improvement if you cannot use it to its entirety but I’m open to ideas for a short term fix, auto sync is off what other things can I do to improve life, alerts off etc ??
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,618
    Superusers
    Rapid battery drain is a known issue with the latest update for some users and they have already reported they are working on a solution. I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • webbzwebbz Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    35 minutes is all I get now, surely this warrants a not fit for purpose category now!!!
  • ecarghtiafecarghtiaf Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    yup. fully charged and i bring my TomTom for a swim.. lasts me an entire 2.5 laps before it goes out of battery. absolutely renders the watch useless