Battery percent display

Sportnix
Sportnix Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
is there a way we can see the battery percent on Spark 3 ? It now is graphical and really does not help with the actual level of battery available.

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    No there is not, and the percent would be no more accurate than the bar. Battery estimation on this or any other watch is an estimate and does not reduce at a linear rate. Depending on usage patterns and environmental conditions it may drain slower or faster. This has been requested over the years and never implemented so I doubt it is on the short list of changes. In any case, TomTom will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • Sportnix
    Sportnix Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ok, when my watch is hooked on to the computer to charge , the bar moves for about 5 to 10 minutes and then stops displaying a full battery. The app on my computer still shows it as charging and reaches a ready to go , charging status eventually. Then I have to unhook and rebook it to then computer to show it as fully charged. How can it really show what's happening ?
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,935
    Superuser
    I am not sure it can. At this point I would suggest calling Customer Support to see what they can do. They are able to more deeply investigate and diagnose problems than we can here on the user forum. To get the number for Customer Support, go to tomtom.com/support, choose Contact at the bottom, select the service required and the product name and click Contact Customer Care and then Phone Us. It will give you the phone number for the country your account is registered under (this can be changed by clicking the flag icon in the bottom right corner of the screen).

I hope this helped answer your question. If so, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.
  • neldiogo
    neldiogo Registered Users Posts: 18
    Outstanding Explorer
    You should review or answer to battery indicator because this "No there is not, and the percent would be no more accurate than the bar" simply doesn't make any sense.
    I've went trough 6 watches from Garmin and Suunto and all of them had a numerical battery percentage left. It's pretty accurate. If conditions change the percentage would drop faster. A simple bar with 5 or 6 levels can't be compared with a 1 - 100% information available to the user.