Audio (podcast/audiobook) bookmark would be VERY nice to have...

zardoz73
zardoz73 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
I just purchased a Spark Cardio + Music, and after about a week I'm quite happy with it. Very nice features I won't crow about, because I have a bone to pick. I listen to podcasts and audiobooks while exercising, and the Spark will in fact bookmark the audio if I pause it or turn off my headphones. But it will only bookmark one file at a time. If I *change* the audio to another file--podcast, music, book, whatever--then try to go back to the first one, I have to start over. And if I had been 30 minutes into a 90 minute podcast, I have to fast forward to find my previous stopping point, which is at best annoying but basically impossible, especially given the finicky fast forward controls.

It seems to me that if the Spark can make bookmarks for one audio file, it should be able to make one for each file. It would make a HUGE difference and I hope the firmware team at TomTom will include this in the next firmware update. Any plans for this to happen?

Comments

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,936
    Superuser
    No plans for this that I have ever heard on the forums, and I am not sure if it is possible technically or not. It may be keeping the current file in memory to restart it, not "bookmarking" it as such, in which case there may be no way to "bookmark" multiple files. In any case, although TT does monitor the forums for suggestions, they will not comment on planned or future updates publicly (here or elsewhere) so we will just have to wait and see.

I hope this helps, please let me know if this answered your question. If it did, please mark it as a solution so others can look for it if they have the same question.