‘Sent to device’ option on the MyDrive route planner — TomTom Community

‘Sent to device’ option on the MyDrive route planner

TwaggersTwaggers Posts: 2 [New Traveler]
I’ve put in a destination and it’s sugested 3 routes. However, it ull only send one of them to the device. When I highlight one of the others the ‘send to device’ option is greyed out - it didn’t used to be. And I want to go on one of the other routes - very frustrating

Comments

• jicemanjiceman Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    It's been 6 months. I just bought a new device and downloaded the iOS MyDrive app. "send to device" is still greyed out for alternative routes. :rolling_eyes:
    Worrying that they haven't been able to fix yet.
  • cheese338cheese338 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Traveler]
    jiceman, perhaps you can save the route to 'my routes' and open 'my routes' on your device?
  • MarcopanchoMarcopancho Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Has anyone actually had this issue resolved yet?? I’m having the same problem (still) with both my tomtom devices. Customer services are well, useless.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,079
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Marcopancho

Using an iPhone here... But

I'm using iPhone MyDrive Route planner 2.3.0 App....

(1)... Plan your route
    After planning your Route

(2)... At the bottom of the screen the three route options are displayed... The selected route (In this instance the 'Fastest') has a blue square Icon

(3)... Tap on one of the alternate route displayed at the bottom of the screen to select it (The chosen route now displays the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)

Yes indeed after selecting one of the alternate route the 'Send to Device' displayed at the TOP of the screen is greyed-out

But if you now...

(4)... Tap again on the chosen alternate route... (Displayed at the bottom of the screen with the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)
    A further option appearers 'Save to MyRoutes'

(5)... Tap 'Save to MyRoutes'

The Route will be synced to MyRoutes

(6)... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Tap MyRoutes... Select and Tap the newly synced Route

If you wish to return to the three Route options flick downwards on the bottom of the screen

The original thread is Here...
    https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-5xxx-6xxx-series-go-4xx-6xx-series-go-via-and-start-4x-6x-series-mydrive-connect-176/is-there-a-tomtom-european-technical-helpline-1035864/index1.html#post1221045

ATB YFM
  • MarcopanchoMarcopancho Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, I appreciate the response. Very much a faff though. And I don’t get the ‘v’ option at all. Just the blue square remains for all three options.
  • jicemanjiceman Posts: 21 [Master Explorer]
    Work arounds are helpful. But, why don't they bother to fix the bug?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Marcopancho
    Hi, I appreciate the response. Very much a faff though. And I don’t get the ‘v’ option at all. Just the blue square remains for all three options.
    (1)... Plan your route
    After planning your Route

(2)... At the bottom of the screen the three route options are displayed... The selected route (In this instance the 'Fastest') has a blue square Icon

a9586484-ddda-482a-a1c4-335e5c12e6e6.png
    (3)... Tap on one of the alternate route displayed at the bottom of the screen to select it (The chosen route now displays the blue square Icon and a 'v' symbol)

Yes indeed after selecting one of the alternate route the 'Send to Device' displayed at the TOP of the screen is greyed-out

But if you now...

(4)... Tap again on the same chosen alternate route

A further option now appears 'Save to MyRoutes'

daad26c6-1db8-4ef2-85c8-c1ee99bac3c9.png
    (5)... Tap 'Save to MyRoutes'

78ce5ce8-0ccf-411f-8578-eaa0c6bf77c2.png
    The Route will be synced to MyRoutes

(6)... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Tap MyRoutes... Select and Tap the newly synced Route

If you wish to return to the three Route options flick downwards on the bottom of the screen

ATB YFM
  • Carl-to-goCarl-to-go Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello,

Can anyone help, I've been searching but can't find an answer.

I've got exactly this problem, except the Send to Device button is greyed out for all 3 suggested routes, not just the two alternatives.

I've read that I can save the route, but I don't want to save it as I plan new routes several times a week.
    So what I need from the app is
    1. find route
    2. send to device

App is on iPhone with the latest OS, and device is a GO620.

I'm logged into my account on both devices - to test and confirm this, for the latest route, I've done the "save to my routes" then "synch this route as a track with my devices" and it has appeared on the tomtom.

So does anyone know why the send to device button is greyed out and not doing anything? Is this a general problem with the app?

And what on earth is all this "save to my routes" and "synch this route as a track with my devices" all about? This new TomTom is making me late all the time, because I can't set off until I've figured the damn thing out!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Carl-to-go

Are you trying to plan a route using one of your 'MyPlaces' ??? If "Yes"

After the new MyDrive app update (iOS)
    When selecting an address from MyPlaces, the location (star icon) is shown on the map, but no options are offered (Plan Route, Remove from My Places or Send to Device)

WHAT TO DO:
    Try Tapping elsewhere on the map and selecting the MyPlace again brings the option.

WHAT'S NEXT?
    Contact customer service with the following information....
    Phone type
    OS
    App Version

Tomtom Customer Service UK
    :flag_gb: United Kingdom
    02079 490 134
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM
  • Carl-to-goCarl-to-go Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @YamFazMan

No I wasn't using 'My Places', I was trying to plan a new journey using the My Drive App, which it seems will not send the journey to the TomTom (unless you save it in 'My Routes'), and it will not allow you to choose from suggested optional routes.

This is a faff and not necessary, as all these journeys are one-offs.

Also the TomTom wouldn't re-calculate a route if you took any diversion e.g. due to road closure, until you were miles away from the diversion. Miles of "do a u turn" is not helpful if you don't know the area.

Since posting, I've solved these problems by deleting the app, and not making any use of saved routes.

It seems to work OK if you search on the device itself for a destination, and don't use a pre-planned route so it can adapt to the actual drive you're doing.

• Ste7iosSte7ios Posts: 758
    Superuser
    I just tried to check MyDrive app on an Apple iOS 12 device.

I created a route, added two stops, and pressed “Send stops” button...

It only sent the stops to the device, and the device calculated it again but a little different AS EXPECTED because it’s a route (it contains only the location of your waypoints/stops and the device has to calculate a route according to our preferences/settings and traffic conditions).

The same happened with only one waypoint/destination...

The only way to drive a route exactly as shown on MyDrive or other app is to save/sync it as a track and use it on the device.

But a track is like a record that you may replay later. Nothing is calculated, our preferences can’t be used, It doesn’t contain waypoints, and you can’t deviate from it.

IMHO, the problem is that TomTom doesn’t inform, educate, people how to use a navigational device properly.

For example the differences between route and track are unknown, most people don’t understand how to use them, how they work  and the user manuals doesn’t really help at all if you don’t have technical background...
  • Mostly_LostMostly_Lost Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Twaggers wrote: »
    I’ve put in a destination and it’s sugested 3 routes. However, it ull only send one of them to the device. When I highlight one of the others the ‘send to device’ option is greyed out - it didn’t used to be. And I want to go on one of the other routes - very frustrating

Buy a Garmin
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @Mostly_Lost
    Buy a Garmin
    I had a Ga*m*n for a month :'( that was three weeks too long...
    I retuned it to the shop and exchanged it under their 30-Day Customer satisfaction guarantee.... I was fed-up with the weird routing very poor Traffic and garish screen....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM