What is wrong with this picture? — TomTom Community

What is wrong with this picture?

WimKeesWimKees Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
I drove on the A2 from Amsterdam to Utrecht today:

Comments

• WimKeesWimKees Posts: 13 [Outstanding Explorer]
    The screenprint shows 2 different speedlimits!
  • AsprinAsprin Posts: 271 [Supreme Pioneer]
    WimKees,

Would it not be the speed of the exit coming up??

Or the one you will be taking.

Yes the speed is 130km on E35 but you always have info about places you have to drive 100KM.

They also have over speed signs to that tell you to go 100km.

I drive these roads all the time.

No one said GPS apps are 100% correct.

Better to look at what the road signs tell you.
  • Is heel simpel, tussen 06.00 uur en 19.00 uur mag je hier maar 100 km/h tussen 19.00 en 06.00 uur mag je hier 130 km/h . Er staan als het goed is witte bordjes waar dit op staat. En feit blijft dat Tomtom een hele hoop kan melden maar je moet altijd je verstand blijven gebruiken en op de borden letten.
    The speedlimit on dutch highways is 130km/h, unless posted otherwise. On this part of the A2 there are signs of 100km/h with an undersign “6:00-19:00”. So between these hours the limit is 100km/h. Outside these hours 130km/h. The screenprint was made at 19:04, so the speedlimit was 130km/h. So the indicator at the bottom is correct.
    On this part of the A2 this is also “traject-controle”; in the beginning you will pass a portal that reads your licenceplate. Same thing on the end. The time and thus average speed between these points is calculated. If it takes you to short, you are speeding end get a ticket.
    A new, nice feature on mobile go is the average speed indicator between these portals on the righthand statusbar. Unfortunately that speedindicator is wrong.
    @WimKees,

Where is TomTom getting this info....

It has to be the info being passed on from the Holland traffic control center.
    Then has to be picked up by TomTom via you Internet connect on your phone.
    If TomTom is not getting the info in the correct time to display it the screen it is not TomTom's fault.
    They can only give you what has been sent out by the info form the Holland traffic control center.

Like I said before I drive on Holland roads all the time.
    But I always look at what is being posted above the highway.
    If it tells me drive 100km I drive it.
    I keep me eyes on the road and not on my GPS.
    I or you would not drive 130km if you are being told to drive 100km by the over head sign.

Plus:
    Are you sure that TomTom is picking up this info?? (The time and thus average speed between these points is calculated)
    And again from the Holland traffic control center. to the TomTom serevers then back down to your phone via Internet connection via your sim card.
    @/asprin624
    Today I drove on the A2 again. The first screenprint shows the correct speedlimit at that time at the bottom statusbar. So the app has the proper info to show the correct speedlimit between 6:00 and 19:00 and outside these hours. So the info is available, but not properly shown in the statusbar on the right.
    078a71d6-63a1-4440-a795-b35027f16ee1.jpg
    The second screenprint is taken when approaching the ‘trajectcontrole’ (in 12 km?). The white stripe indicares the length of the ‘trajectcontrole’. When driving through the first portal with cameras the statusbar on the right changes to the statusbar as shown in the first screenprint. Notice that the bar is gray: my average speed is lower then the speedlimit.
    6230a6cf-74fe-413c-a869-4b0b452ccc45.jpg
    In the third screenprint the bar red: I am going way to fast. NOT!
    45a0c1e4-520b-4b43-a844-c629669b6757.jpg

Thanks EthoZ, for the links to simular topics.
    @WimKees,

That is all well and good but you seem to spend a lot of time looking at you GPS info.

There are to many things going on around me when I am driving.
    I watch the traffic in from of me.
    Is there a truck changing lanes at the last minute in front of me?
    Who is coming in from an entrance to the highway?
    Are they going to slow?

All these things are far more important then looking at my GPS and seeing info that is not correct.

What is far more important is for a GPS to tell me in time what exit to take.
    That is done by a voice so I do not have to take my eyes off the road.

If I look at my GPS info it is a quick glance and not to be so fixed on the GPS screen all the time to see if info is correct or not.
    Things happen around you so quick because of some drive making a wrong move.
    It is the same with all the drivers that are so fixated with their smartphones why driving.
    There are far to many accidents everyday on the roads and highways because people do nor keep their eyes on the road.

GPS is a tool to help but it is not always correct for one reason or another.
    They have come a long way and I would not be with out one.

But driving safely is far more important to me and arriving safe and relaxed.
  • YembleYemble Posts: 42 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Asprin624 wrote:
    @WimKees,

That is all well and good but you seem to spend a lot of time looking at you GPS info.

There are to many things going on around me when I am driving.
    I watch the traffic in from of me.
    Is there a truck changing lanes at the last minute in front of me?
    Who is coming in from an entrance to the highway?
    Are they going to slow?

All these things are far more important then looking at my GPS and seeing info that is not correct.

What is far more important is for a GPS to tell me in time what exit to take.
    That is done by a voice so I do not have to take my eyes off the road.

If I look at my GPS info it is a quick glance and not to be so fixed on the GPS screen all the time to see if info is correct or not.
    Things happen around you so quick because of some drive making a wrong move.
    It is the same with all the drivers that are so fixated with their smartphones why driving.
    There are far to many accidents everyday on the roads and highways because people do nor keep their eyes on the road.

GPS is a tool to help but it is not always correct for one reason or another.
    They have come a long way and I would not be with out one.

But driving safely is far more important to me and arriving safe and relaxed.

Sorry, but this guy is trying to report a bug and you are giving him lessons on how to drive... Really???
    @Yemble,

I am not telling anyone how to drive.

It has to be proven it is a bug.
    Information from one source being picked up by another source and then being download via your smartphone leave many areas that can be at fault.

I stand by paying more attention to road signs then putting all my faith into GPS.

Most GPS give you a message when they start about correct info being displayed.

There is nothing that is perfect even with GPS there are problems but pointing out where the problem are is another thing.
    Traffic and speed cams are picked up by many services from many countries.

You fist have to prove did the mistake come from one of these services that TomTom gets it's info from before sending it to a user's GPS.

I am not saying TomTom does not have faults with their GPS products but they have come along way.

That is why it is a very smart thing to keep your eyes on the road and not be glued to any GPS.

I am sorry you feel I am giving driving lessons when I am not.

Have a nice day and drive safe........:)